loosing interest?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• loosing interest?

It used to be i couldnt wait for freetime to play bf2 on a ranked server...
    lately thought the same maps over and over for the past year are now stale and boring, part of the fun to me is learning how to play the maps thru trial and error, so now i spend a lot more time making maps and waiting for FH2 and POE then i do playing on ranked servers... It seems to me EA could extend the life of BF2 with a simple new free ranked map pak, it really doesnt take a lot of effort or money to make maps heck people would do it for free for them...

Whats everyone elses feelings on the subject?

Re: loosing interest?

We were DICE's lab rats for 2142...

Comment

I don't think that EA will put to much effort in new maps for BF2 with BF2142 just around the corner. But that is just my opinion and I hope they proof me wrong.

Comment

EA dosn't make the maps, DICE does.

Comment

Wait for 1.40...there is a new map called Road to Jalalabad. Its kinda like Karkand, but more difficult for armor because of the ability to get on top of more buildings. However, its easy for USMC to flank by going though the water (in Karkand you can't go from the USMC right artillery to Cement Factory without going around the exlusion zone, but in Jalalabad you can).

Comment

Kinda? It is Karkand with differen buidlings, and there is no different in game play. Armor noobs killing everything and medics reviving soliders that we killed by nade spammers.

The IO isn't going to be fun either, just legal stat padding. Then need to fix errors and bugs people are having and stop trying to kiss up to us by adding crap.

Comment

I would certainly not complain if they released some new maps, in fact i think it would be most excellent, and it would get me right back into the game. Failing that, if theyre too lazy, they could simply survey the best maps made by modders and make say the top 5 ranked.

Comment

I think its natural to get "tired" of something.

ESPECIALLY a game, and ESPECIALLY gamers. People in general have the attention span of a gnat these days. I'm amazed that anybody could play this game enough to get some of the crazy ranks (50,000 points +).

Hundreds and hundreds of hours will sap the fun out of most any activity. Then its on to the next thing (game).

And for the bugs... I highly doubt that if the game was 100% bug free that we would enjoy it remarkably longer than we do now.

Everybody has their limit.

I guarantee there are people who bought this game, played it once, thought it was stupid and moved on. I guarantee there are people who got Sergeant Rank and got bored. I also guarantee that there are stat hungry people all over the world playing as much as humanly possible in hopes of getting a Major or General rank some day.

To each his own. If you are getting that bored then it is in your best interest to quit before you hate it.

I quit Planetside in the same situation... the game was getting a little stale, and the devs had just introduced something I really disagreed with, so i walked away. Sure... I could have stayed, started threads like this and looked for people to wallow with me, but I just left. Said my goodbyes and left.

I imagine I'll do the same thing in this game before TOO long... I mean, I cant be entertained infanitely without some variation. 2142 actually looks REALLY good to me... It reminds me of Planetside without the persistent environment.

Attention game developers everywhere, I'm still waiting for a real FPS with MMO tendencies... an MMOFPS... Huxley is on the horizon, I wonder how it will be.

Comment

Been losing interest steadily for the last few months, resulting in my playing less and less. Joined a decent clan *wink* to try to arouse my interest again, and it has been enjoyable since. Having good folks to play with makes the game much more tolerable. I've been patiently waiting on FH2 and POE2, but I've just heard news that Team Fortress 2 will be shipped with the next HL episode, so now my eyes are on that and the Team Fortress Forever project. I've yet to find a FPS that was as fun to play as Team Fortress Classic was in it's prime.

Comment

Working...
                  X