Originally posted by P_Static_2
      Troybob, get a grip.
      ok thanks i'm better now

Comment

Re: Less biased Chopper Poll.

=D cool! lol

Comment

Well they intended on making a game that was "teamwork friendly" in the beginning and personally nothing drives me more nuts than being stranded on the carrier because some ****ing prick decides hes too ****ing 1337 Kr3w for a gunner.

Although what I really think they should do is replace all of our weapons with radios.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Miller
            Although what I really think they should do is replace all of our weapons with radios.
            i totally get that reference. It's been a while since I've heard that on an FPS forum =)

Comment

Haha well I'm glad someone got it.

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Miller
                Haha well I'm glad someone got it.
                I think we are showing our age (though you don't have to be TOO old to get the reference).

Back on topic:

I think the choppers should be less biased. Oh wait....

Comment

Originally posted by Wargimp
                  OMG!

I thought I was the only one that thinks Tanks should require a 2 man crew!
                  The sad thing is that the masses just don't like teamwork. It's been demonstrated in the industry time and time again. If you put an asset in the game that requires 2 or more players to work together, it will be complained about ("forcing" teamwork) or just not get used.

*sigh*
                  You're not the only one... I spent a couple of years playing WWII Online (aka Battleground Europe), and all the vehicles require a crew. You can drive alone, but need to stop to switch to various other crew positions. 9/10 the tank, apc or scout vehicle with a crew will win an engagement with a solo player. No "forcing" of teamwork, but definitely encouragement. I doubt a similar implementation would harm BF2 to any great degree, as the majority of people spend most of their time running around or hopping into transport vehicles for rides.

Comment

In 2142 I heard the Mech's are going to be mandatory to have 2 people to operate.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                      switching seats in the attack helis takes skill to actaully do stuff...its just a part of the game...ppl can switch seats in vehicles....and since it takes a lot of skill to be able to switch seats and then shoot a missile to kill something, only a few ppl can do it and its not really a problem...

its like being able to shoot and drive in the tank when the actaul m1a1 tank takes 4 man crew...i dotn even see why they would nerf somehing like this
                      I completely agree. If this happens, then why should all the other vehicles get special treatment, same should happen to them..

Startup sequence for a vodnik should take 2 minutes, first you walk around the vodnik to check for mines, then adjust the seat and mirrors, check the guages, put on your seatbelt, turn on the lights, turn on the blinker, then pull out of the spawn point.

Comment

Originally posted by ConscriptVirus
                        ppl can switch seats in vehicles....and since it takes a lot of skill to be able to switch seats and then shoot a missile to kill something, only a few ppl can do it and its not really a problem...
                        Switching seats in a vehicle doesn't lead to an AA lock being broken, like it does in a chopper or a jet. So all those people ever do, is when they hear the lock, they switch seats, and voila! Insta-exploit! This doesn't, as is so laughably suggested here, happen to any ground based vehicle. Switching seats won't lead to an AT rocket veering off, or a TOW missile, or an SU-34 bomb, or a TV Guided missile, or the guns on the chopper. So the exploit simply doesn't exist except for chopper and jet pilots.

The reason why they're successful (solo chopper/jet pilots) isn't because they actually have a skill, it's because they can't be locked onto as long as they keep switching seats. So good riddance to another exploit.

Comment

Originally posted by Combat-Quokka
                          Switching seats in a vehicle doesn't lead to an AA lock being broken, like it does in a chopper or a jet. So all those people ever do, is when they hear the lock, they switch seats, and voila! Insta-exploit! This doesn't, as is so laughably suggested here, happen to any ground based vehicle. Switching seats won't lead to an AT rocket veering off, or a TOW missile, or an SU-34 bomb, or a TV Guided missile, or the guns on the chopper. So the exploit simply doesn't exist except for chopper and jet pilots.

The reason why they're successful (solo chopper/jet pilots) isn't because they actually have a skill, it's because they can't be locked onto as long as they keep switching seats. So good riddance to another exploit.
                          I get your point but AT missles have to be guided by a player. AA missles if theres a lock and the pilot doesnt use flairs hes gonna die or get heavly damiged. also if hes swiching seats to avoid locks get in the hummve or whatever and shoot him down. if hes to far away to see than he will come back at some point get him than.

Comment

Originally posted by midnight9
                            I get your point but AT missles have to be guided by a player. AA missles if theres a lock and the pilot doesnt use flairs hes gonna die or get heavly damiged. also if hes swiching seats to avoid locks get in the hummve or whatever and shoot him down. if hes to far away to see than he will come back at some point get him than.
                            Or better yet. How about remove the exploit?

Comment

You guys are completely overlooking the fact that seat switching has no effect on AA lock (or lack of) since 1.2 (or some other patch around there, I can't remember exactly which one.)
                              Shows how much you guys researched what you're talking about.

When you look back at BF2 1.0, it's hard to believe how powerful air power (specifically attack helicopters) was then:
                              -more armour
                              -14 rockets, instead of 6
                              -TV missile distance 50% longer than it is now
                              -AA lock lost when pilot switched seat

And you guys are STILL complaining that a single guy in a chopper is kicking your ***? Leave the gameplay alone, already!

Comment

Originally posted by Uberduber
                                You guys are completely overlooking the fact that seat switching has no effect on AA lock (or lack of) since 1.2 (or some other patch around there, I can't remember exactly which one.)
                                It's you who should do the checking. It still exists. As far as I can tell, it has never been removed.

Comment

Working...
                                X