Jackhammer and MP-7 or G36E?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jackhammer and MP-7 or G36E?

I was just wondering if I could get a few opinions on this. I've just started playing engineer and I'm really starting to enjoy whoring armor . I have an unlock coming up soon (2 with SF) and would like some direction on this.

Should I unlock:
    Jackhammer - this is going to be my first choice (unless someone can talk me out of it)
    MP-7 - I really like the P-90, how well does this gun stack up to the P-90?
    G36E - I don't play medic often but sometimes you gotta do what you gotta do. The first unlock sucks IMO (l85a i think).
    SCAR-L - I almost never play SpecOps anymore and I hear this gun sucks. I'm pretty happy with the G36C for this kit.

So, any info on the MP-7? any suggestions?

Re: Jackhammer and MP-7 or G36E?

G36e ,,

Comment

Question for you, which kit would you rather play?

Comment

jackhammer will leave you out of ammo very quickly.

mp7 is worse than the p-90.

Comment

i NEVER use the jackhammer, cant stand it, once you empty it youre screwed because it doesnt hold enough ammo and the rounds fire off too fast, basically its no DAO, i would vote to get the scar-l, as i love it and cant understand why no one else does and the G36E

Comment

If you like playing engineer, go with the Jackhammer and MP-7. They were my last two unlocks and I've used them quite a bit since. The Jackhammer is good for close quarter combat, especially on maps like Warlord (in the palace or TV station). I actually like the MP-7 more than the P-90 unlock. It really makes little sense to get unlocks for kits that you don't play or don't plan to play in the near future.

Finally, despite what others may think/say, a G36E doesn't turn an average player into an elite one. Anyone really good with a G36E will do just as well with an M16 or AK101.

Comment

if your playing as an engineer then get the engineer unlocks... by the way i think the L85 is brilliant. if you don't play the other kits then whats the point of getting unlocks for them.

Comment

I like the Jackhammer a lot, very effective in close range, especially if you have to get out of the tank and kill those SpecOps/AT trying to get you.

Comment

mp7 is one sad excuse for a gun....it might sound cool and remind u of half life 2, but it is just too weak...6-8 hits to kill someone is just too much...jackhammer ugh...its good if u kno how to conserve ammo, but the reloading is just too long, so the best weapon is g36e...i always win one on one fights with this one and lose one on fights against it . g36e takes 4-5 hits but its burst, so its like firing two shots at someone and theyre down..

it takes a few minutes to get use to the g36e cuz its burst fire and when i first tried it i hated it, but its accurate and has somewat decent killing power

Comment

Originally posted by jlspence
                    Anyone really good with a G36E will do just as well with an M16 or AK101.
                    It's the other way round. Anyone good with an M16 will obliterate anything with a G36E. Whereas someone that used a G36E throught his nade spamming-instaheal medic career will be quite **** with an M16.

Edit: I say go for whatever kit you play more, that's probably medic so unlock the G36E and join the masses. Next.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{> Need_2_Kill
                      Question for you, which kit would you rather play?
                      I would say engineer, but medic is so nice for whoring points.

Looks like not many here like the MP-7. I didn't know that the jackhammer is slow on the reload. How does it rate against the default MEC shotgun? I really don't like the pump shotgun (I always seem to miss and then.....dead).

How does the G36E rate with the G36C (I do like the long range on that gun)

Anyone else have an opinion?

Comment

I'm at 95 hours with Engy and trying to get the time over 100 so I can shoot for the big 4-0. Been using the MP7 alot, on city maps, and its very simliar to the P90. Been able to wipe out a couple opponents with 1 clip without too much trouble.

Jackhammer I used quite a lot beforehand, and I have no complaints on it. Reload time will get u killed a lot if you're not comfortable switching to the pistol and using it.

G36E is pwnage, but the 3 round burst frustrates me at times. I find myself using the AK101 as MEC, and bouncing between the G36 and L85 as US, depending on the map/situation.

Ultimately, it comes down to which kit you play the most, or which one you think you'd play more by adding the unlock.

Comment

For me I'd say that if you learned how to use the P90 like a pro you'd have no problem adjusting to the MP-7. I find the MP-7 to feel a little more accurate than the P90, but that may be just an illusion.

I started appreciating the G36E the more I played with it, but not as much as the shock paddles.

Comment

I think I'm leaning toward Jackhammer + MP-7. Too bad you can't just unlock it without doing the jackhammer first.

I just feel so naked out of my tank and would like something that will reach out and touch someone better than a shotty.

With AT I use the DAO on the city maps but the P-90 everywhere else since at least you can get a killl at med range without bustin out the pistol. Plus the P-90 is so quiet that people have a hard time finding you at any distance.

Comment

Originally posted by Stizzle
                              It's the other way round. Anyone good with an M16 will obliterate anything with a G36E. Whereas someone that used a G36E throught his nade spamming-instaheal medic career will be quite **** with an M16.
                              We'll can agree to disagree. I've got 325 hours on the Medic kit and have used all Medic guns quite a bit. Each has its strengths and weaknesses. The G-36E has a slightly smaller min deviation and is a little better than the M-16 when standing and crouching, the M-16 is better prone and the M-16 has less recoil than the G36E.

Comment

Working...
                              X