Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Kit bug - 1.3

Okay, it was on of those "WTF" moments,

I was playing Karkand, USMC, rushed Market. My teamm8 died, he was Spec Ops and I was Support. While I alsmost had neutralized the Market Flag, a Vodnik with 3 guys passed me.. I quickly picked up my m8's Spec Ops kit, and switched back to Support again (was wondering which kit he had). 5 seconds later, however, I killed that Vodnik with C4, without even having the detonater in my hand and I had also switched back to Support, before I got those 3 kills.

Anyone else which has seen something like this before?

Re: Kit bug - 1.3

Yes I did not have the chance to get a screen shot I was to busy yelling at my monitor. I killed an AT guy and nicked the spec op guy near him. I watched this spec op guy fire a n AT missle at me and be spec op the whole time I did not see him pickup the AT kit but I still died anyway. All the time I am overheating my APC gun. I fired the missle just as I saw the AT missle coming at me I did get him but like I said never saw him pickup the kit. The server is one of my fav low ping to me never had any problems before 1.3. This patch is really fubaring the game bad is all I can say.

Comment

Firstly I think that when you picked up your mates kit it became your C4. Dropping the kit and picking up your original support kit doesn't change this fact, it's still yours.

Then someone else shot at the vodnik resulting in the exlpoding C4 giving you the kills?

Comment

Correct. I should not have got those kills tbh.

Comment

yeah i never knew that the c4 could explode on its own cuz i plannted some c4 on a vodnik and drove towards a tank blockade and they had a group of guys waiting and were all shooting at me and my vodnik exploded and i killed a few guys with c4 w/o detonating

Comment

I've had a "you were killed by" message the other day when I was quite blatantly running around alive. I hadn't just respawned or anything like that, it just came up on the screen. Can't remember the players name that got the so-called "kill" though.

Comment

It's perfectly normal.

1) You don't have to "detonate" the C4s for it to explode and get kills. For example, C4 a jeep, your moron teamate takes it and rams it into a tank. The C4 detonates and you get a team kill, how wonderful.

2) As soon as you pick up your friend's C4 kit the C4s are now registered under your name. Since no onelse picked up that kit, it stays registered to you.

Therefore, since you own the detonators and the vodnik rammed something and died with C4 they're credited to you. Nothing wrong with that.

Comment

Working...
              X