What version are people playing with?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• What version are people playing with?

I haven't played in a while and recently had to do a reformat. While reinstalling BF2, I obviously decided to install the latest patch, 1.3. There doesn't seem to be many people on there. Same goes for 1.4 beta. What version are most people playing with and where can it be downloaded?
    Thanks.

Re: What version are people playing with?

Maybe your filters are incorrect. <shrug> With just the basics (Ranked, Same Version, Same Mod) and only "Large" maps selected, I get 1500+ servers, with plenty full or near full. This is with Patch 1.3 installed.

Comment

There are over 35,000 people playing with the 1.3 patch at the moment. It's the one you want.

It's possible to have 1.3 and 1.4 installed at the same tume (same applies for all patches really) so you can test 1.4 if you like but there are only a handfuil of servers available compared to 1.3

Comment

bit ott, but how many 1.12 servers are still running ?

Comment

about 100 That I can count

Comment

I checked the filters (was a cause for me in the past!). I do get well over 900 servers when I first open the multiplayer screen. But most of them are "populated" with zero people (I was trying this at 9am on Sunday eastern time, so maybe that is a part of it, but it hadn't been an issue in the past).

Thanks for the quick responses.

Comment

USA servers running 1.3

Comment

Every time i log on theres at least 500 populated servers running patch 1.3. usually around 800. it must be something to do with your filters.

Comment

1.3 is the latest, EA is just beta testing their new patch

Comment

I play 1.3 with the Project Reality Mini-Mod 0.31 and it rocks! I just don't go back to Vanilla BF2 anymore, why would I? The maps are great, the addition to the night maps for the original maps are great, and the community is much more fun because they all care about teamwork.

Comment

My in-game server browser lies to me constantly, so I use a 3rd party browser. Try The All Seeing Eye, XFire etc....

Comment

Originally posted by Merlin
                        My in-game server browser lies to me constantly, so I use a 3rd party browser. Try The All Seeing Eye, XFire etc....
                        Or QTracker: http://www.totalbf2.com/forums/showthread.php?t=74632

Comment

When I re-installed BF2 I saw alot of servers running the original game but all unranked. I joined one and tried the C4 chucking untill I got kicked by PB because I wasn't updated.

Comment

Working...
                          X