Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

EA/DICE is reselling the Bf2 engine in BF2142??

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: EA/DICE is reselling the Bf2 engine in BF2142??

There you go...easy solution: don't buy it.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr Pmosh
      Every mod is diferent than bf2. BF2142 is a mod of bf2. It use the same engine.
      Look at the bf2 pirates mod. It looks totaly diferent from bf2, but use the same engine.

Every BF2 owner have the BF2142 engine.
      But mods are ameturish and are only subordinate to the game. Pirates is BF2 with Pirates! It will feel like BF2. BF2142 will feature tons of new game mechanics that put it way beyond "mod" status, not the least of which is a completely new ranking system with 50 or so unlocks, completely new setting (expansions usually do not feature completely new settings. see: every other BF expansion), legged vehicles, and much more.

Comment

And to end this post: $acramento hacks! LOL!

http://bf2s.com/player/63150464/history/Kills/
        You're an idiot, but don't worry, you're certainly not alone on these boards. Go back to his stats and check his deaths - oh wait they look the same as his kills. What does this tell us children? That he started playing more often from that time onwards. Now go back to your cage and let the more capable of us do the thinking.

Comment

ya tht is pretty cheap, i like the idea of selling ppl w/ BF2 a cheaper version

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Day
            I don't care what they do with bf 2142; as long as it doesn't have near as many bugs and glitches as BF2 I will be happy.
            word!

Comment

Every mod is diferent than bf2. BF2142 is a mod of bf2. It use the same engine.
              Look at the bf2 pirates mod. It looks totaly diferent from bf2, but use the same engine.

Every BF2 owner have the BF2142 engine.
              If BF2142 is such a mod...why don't YOU make the game using the mod tools from BF2? If its a f-ing mod, why haven't any of the mod teams just sat down and created BF2142 from BF2? BECAUSE ITS NOT A MOD!

Comment

If BF2142 use the same engine has BF2 do we have to pay again for the same engine? Why not sell us bf2142 as a mod or expantion?

Why pay for the same thing we already bought? And waited a year to get the full game with a 500MB patch.
                Its the same damn thing as Vietnam.

BF1942(1)>Vietnam(1.5)>BF2(2)>BF2142(2.5)>Awaiting BF3 with new engine!

This is the billionth time i've explained this. Get the drift? Vietnam ran on the same engine as BF1942 but some enhancements. Just like how BF2142 is running the same engine as BF2 with some enhancements.

Comment

Originally posted by Graphic
                  But mods are ameturish and are only subordinate to the game. Pirates is BF2 with Pirates! It will feel like BF2. BF2142 will feature tons of new game mechanics that put it way beyond "mod" status, not the least of which is a completely new ranking system with 50 or so unlocks, completely new setting (expansions usually do not feature completely new settings. see: every other BF expansion), legged vehicles, and much more.

Which is why this game will ultimately blow. Because of ranks. Didn't they learn their lesson with BF2? I play mods now because who cares about rank, really? If you care anything about the medals/badges/ribbons, go get a job, seriously. The ONLY reason you should care about the rank is for weapon unlocks, but that's cause they make it that way.

On the mods that I play, you don't have unlocks, and it's awesome. They have their own weapons, some of the old ones, but at least everyone is playing for fun and not tryin' to play like it's a J O B!

I look forward to it, reluctantly; to say the least, but I will endeavor to play it because after all - I'm a Battlefield lover.

Comment

Originally posted by LahLahSr
                    Only way to show EA your displeasure with reusing an engine that still has severe bugs and are way too resource-demanding is with your wallet.

Don't buy it if it doesn't seem to hold up to minimum-standards of what a customer should expect for a product.

I hope that many customers will at least wait and check out the reviews and the boards before they buy.

EA has released many great games and them making a good living off of that is perfectly fine - it shows that the system works. But if we enter an era where customers are so loyal and devoted that they will accept products with severe flaws and bugs, it sends a message that having inferior quality assurance in the development process, is OK.Cheers :-)

Bravo LahLahSr you have made the only post so far that makes sense.

But the really interesting question is if 2142 does not have the problems BF2 has then what is there excuse. That of course will then beg the question why have they not fixed BF2 yet.

I have never liked the fact that DICE Canada made SF and the patches & Booster packs since. They should have left it all in Sweden we probably would have been better off they developed the engine they know the code better.

Comment

Originally posted by <EsP>Fury
                      I have never liked the fact that DICE Canada made SF and the patches & Booster packs since. They should have left it all in Sweden we probably would have been better off they developed the engine they know the code better.
                      Agreed it would of proberly been better.

Comment

Please, do us all a big favor and don't buy 2142. Further more, don't post to the 2142 forum either since you won't have the game. Save your money and buy some popsicles.

Really, pretty please?

Comment

personally. the theme of 2142 doesn't interest me in the least, I am not interested in using weapons or vehicles that don't exist, so EA has lost a customer here by leaving their niche.

Comment

So why they dont sell us BF2 owners a BF2142 mod cheaper. And the one's that dont have bf2 to buy a complete version.

Why I have to pay for something I already have? And all the bug fixes from all the patches? We had to suffer all this changes for EA, they take all this feedback from us and make a new mod and resell us the bf2 engine fixed.
                            LMAO.

Classic idiot logic. I mean seriously, this is probably the most retarded thing I've read here in a looooong time.

And that's saying a lot.

Comment

Originally posted by Paul Day
                              I don't care what they do with bf 2142; as long as it doesn't have near as many bugs and glitches as BF2 I will be happy.
                              Why do you think they won't have the same or similar bugs they do now?

I'm not really worried about the initial release of the game, but the support of the patches afterwards is what I'm worried about. DICE Sweden, good...DICE Canada...well not so good as you can see with their 1.30 patch.

If 1.40 doesn't fix a majority of the problems with BF2:vanilla then I think I'll be jumping ship and going to Quake Wars with ID...

Comment

An important point that some people don't seem to get is that BF2 engine does not equal BF2.exe. That is the major difference between a mod and a commercial product built on the same engine; a mod still uses the same .exe. The commercial product can make many changes that a mod can't because they are embedded in the .exe. The second greatest difference would be that the commercial product can be developed faster since people are working on it full-time and may have knowledge of the engine that is unavailable to modders. I certainly wouldn't call any of the major mods "amateurish".

Comment

Working...
                                X