[MOVIE] Echo Squad: Sharqi Liberation

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: [MOVIE] Echo Squad: Sharqi Liberation

Awesome. Superb BF2 movie, can't wait for the next one. Creative, original, awesome editing, music corresponded, nice "acting", just very well done. My only regret is that I wasn't in it.

Comment

Incredible movie; nice editing. Some of the audio transitions were a little odd but other than that it was awesome.

Comment

that was an awesome movie. i really like how the movie flowed and actually was played out as a feature film with very nice editing.

btw, can someone tell me how to get better quality out of my videos when i use fraps or when i render with vegas because i never can get good quality video, such as this movie? i use XviD alot.

Comment

Thanks guys, yrethg...yreurri...James and Breg wrote this story and the two upcoming sequels (out soonish).

As for your editting questions mn9500, I would suggest running a search or starting another thread first before you ask in this thread. Your question may need more detail and will have a long, drawn out stream of replies.

Comment

Here's a little Review:

Sound
            The sound was generally OK, the music wasn't too good in alot of places and alot of the time there was no sound effects or very quite sound effects which was quite dissapointing. The sound when time froze and the camera sped around was great and made for a great effect.

Effects
            I see you used some effects, the camera moving around when time had frozen was cool. The black and white scenes were ok, it was good the first time around but it was overused. The effect of the camera fuzzing out like a camera when an explosion went of near the camera was annoying and made it look like the video was screwed up, it was unnecessary also the bubble effect thing when the rocket hit the tank looked very silly and wasn't very useful. The blur effect used sometimes when the camera moved however was great. Overall though many of the effects weren't needed and didn't add anything or got annoying.

Story
            Pretty basic story but my main issue was that if the city had been cleared why did they need to be evacuated?

Camera Work
            Sorry but this movie suffered the same problem as pretty much every BF2 movie I've seen, bland, un-cinematic camera angles, most action shots (well all shots really) were high-angle, mid-long shots which gives the effect of the movie looking far too much like a game, the camera simply never went up close. Also the camera at the start when following the sniper was all over the place and looked silly. The bits were time froze and the camera moved however were excellent. Also good we're the directly overhead shots used a couple of times when rockets fired.

Acting
            For once in a BF2 movie the actors actually look like they're doing what they're supposed to be doing which was great considering you had alot of actors to deal with.

Editing
            Well done editing, the use of the spilt screen was great and original however underused. Cuts we're generally made in the right place. Apart from the split screen nothing really stood out as good or bad.

Overall
            Generally speaking a good movie but definately a stand out against most other BF2 movies however it was let down by generally bland camera angles and lacking sound work.

6/10

Sorry about being so critical but I'm a bit more picky than the average movie watcher, I just hope you can utilise what I've said to produce even better movies in the future.

Comment

Wow.....

Comment

I can totally see the Vodnik and the tank being hit instead of the HMMV in-game. :laugh:

And I did find the video distortion to be a little over used, but none the less it was a new idea for a video.

And I just have to say what's with the Venture Bros. theme song? It only gives me flashbacks of the two brothers and there dorky adventures.

That ending was funny, with the two snipers.

OH F***** OWNED, YOU SEE THAT S***. YA YOU SAW THAT S***
                :laugh: :rofl: :laugh2:

Comment

That was Breg doing all the swearing. He is the co-writer for the movie and a funny dude (usually pretty reserved).

Comment

Originally posted by NeoRicen
                    Here's a little Review:

Sound
                    The sound was generally OK, the music wasn't too good in alot of places and alot of the time there was no sound effects or very quite sound effects which was quite dissapointing. The sound when time froze and the camera sped around was great and made for a great effect.

Effects
                    I see you used some effects, the camera moving around when time had frozen was cool. The black and white scenes were ok, it was good the first time around but it was overused. The effect of the camera fuzzing out like a camera when an explosion went of near the camera was annoying and made it look like the video was screwed up, it was unnecessary also the bubble effect thing when the rocket hit the tank looked very silly and wasn't very useful. The blur effect used sometimes when the camera moved however was great. Overall though many of the effects weren't needed and didn't add anything or got annoying.

Story
                    Pretty basic story but my main issue was that if the city had been cleared why did they need to be evacuated?

Camera Work
                    Sorry but this movie suffered the same problem as pretty much every BF2 movie I've seen, bland, un-cinematic camera angles, most action shots (well all shots really) were high-angle, mid-long shots which gives the effect of the movie looking far too much like a game, the camera simply never went up close. Also the camera at the start when following the sniper was all over the place and looked silly. The bits were time froze and the camera moved however were excellent. Also good we're the directly overhead shots used a couple of times when rockets fired.

Acting
                    For once in a BF2 movie the actors actually look like they're doing what they're supposed to be doing which was great considering you had alot of actors to deal with.

Editing
                    Well done editing, the use of the spilt screen was great and original however underused. Cuts we're generally made in the right place. Apart from the split screen nothing really stood out as good or bad.

Overall
                    Generally speaking a good movie but definately a stand out against most other BF2 movies however it was let down by generally bland camera angles and lacking sound work.

6/10

Sorry about being so critical but I'm a bit more picky than the average movie watcher, I just hope you can utilise what I've said to produce even better movies in the future.
                    are you kidding? what movie could possibly be better than this

in some opinions maybe one or two.... but 6/10?? are you kidding:hmm:

Comment

NeoRicen has a great review.

Sorry if I'm too slow to get it, but is this supposed to be more of a funny joke thing?
                      If not then sell this video to the US Marines recruitment office, because they'll love it. Films like these make me want to start a project of my own, where the MEC CAN ACTUALLY SHOOT! WOW! Crazy!

I agree with NeoRicen on a lot of points.

-Music felt off...as in it didn't match the scenes. The BH music was OK, but people are ready for something new. With a little snooping around, I'm sure you can find some awsome Ethnic songs.

-Angles I thought were ok, but as NR pointed out, nothing too special.

-Acting was good. I saw only one mistake by drivers, getting way off road.

-Effects were OK, not a bad job. Loved the rotating camera accompanied by sounds. Something new there, GJ.

Overall was OK. Good effort. One of the best, but let the plot line and action be not such a hollywood crapp...unless you're making a funny series.

Comment

Mr. Nevets, I love you.

RS-Rom, are you part of Mistfilms? If so I am eager to see your first film. This is a movie of a video game, it is meant to be fun so I am glad you got it.

Comment

Ok well then it was OK. Still, too over the top unless the whole series is like this.

Yeah I am part of MFilmns, but I'm just an actor. And I've been anything but active there, barely playing BF2.

Comment

Originally posted by RS-Rom
                            Ok well then it was OK. Still, too over the top unless the whole series is like this.

Yeah I am part of MFilmns, but I'm just an actor. And I've been anything but active there, barely playing BF2.
                            Where have you been? Mike and I are about done with Anfall so yeah...

But about this Video... OMFG wow thats all I have to say Very Good well accualy The best this puts you infront of Hostile Acts good job man!!!

Comment

Originally posted by Drewsome
                              Where have you been? Mike and I are about done with Anfall so yeah...

But about this Video... OMFG wow thats all I have to say Very Good well accualy The best this puts you infront of Hostile Acts good job man!!!
                              nahh hostile acts is way better lol but this is also a great video

Comment

I am looking forward to Anfall, I have been following Mistfilms since the start.

I love Hostile Acts, Burning Sands and any other vid where people put some good effort into their movies.

Comment

Working...
                                X