Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Am I the only one who doesnt give a f**k about quake wars?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Am I the only one who doesnt give a f**k about quake wars?

No games coming out impress me anymore. I just watch a trailer or a gameplay vid and as I'm watching, I already get used to the damn game. I can already see myself getting bored. Even crysis, that's right crysis. Oooh great graphics, I don't care. I'll be impressed for the 1st 45 minutes of play time and then I'll get used to them.

All these new games seem to be carbon copies of eachother (especially the MMO's). No one creates anything original anymore, or even tries to.

But I'm an idiot. I end up buying all these games and really actually try to get into them...but it seems like nothing new or epic ever.

As for Quake Wars and 2142....I'll probably be stupid and buy them.

Comment

Originally posted by BattleChimp

All these new games seem to be carbon copies of eachother (especially the MMO's). No one creates anything original anymore, or even tries to.
      Sounds remarkably similar to Hollywood.

Superman
      King Kong
      Scary Movie 12
      All those TV show movies (Flinstones, Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched)
      etc... etc... etc...
      Hollywood wouldn't know an original thought if it hit them on the head. Of course, when they DO get an original thought, it's from M. Night Shamalamadingdong, whose movies absoloutely suck now.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Only Pawn
        Sounds remarkably similar to Hollywood.

Superman
        King Kong
        Scary Movie 12
        All those TV show movies (Flinstones, Dukes of Hazzard, Bewitched)
        etc... etc... etc...
        Hollywood wouldn't know an original thought if it hit them on the head. Of course, when they DO get an original thought, it's from M. Night Shamalamadingdong, whose movies absoloutely suck now.
        Go for the independent studios if you want some original films, 90% of everything else that's produced elsewhere is crap.

Comment

never played any quake games.

quak wars does look kinda cool tho, but im not getting crazy for it.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Eden
            Go for the independent studios if you want some original films, 90% of everything else that's produced elsewhere is crap.
            Just need to hope there is a theater that plays indy films. They can be hard to comeby

Comment

Originally posted by RocketChild
              I think that QW's might be hurt just because of balance issues. DiCE seems to understand that there are certain tricks to making an open environment with vehicles. I am worrying though, that it might be old technology by the time it is released like BF2 was. Nothing cutting edge about it. Not sure how much use it is going to make with physics and DX10.
              Explains the constantly changing balance via nerfs in bf2 :P still havnt got it right. I actually think bf2142 will be much worse balance wise due to the unlocks with the huge focus on unlocks where u have to play X hours just to get basic equipment vs guys who probly have all the super guns unlocked :/.

Plus theres the fact they have delayed quake wars to spend more time on perfecting balance, so IMO when it comes out it should be done and avoid a constant string of patches trying to fix it.

The gfx are no longer cutting edge it does look very good but its no crysis but then thats a good thing its a multiplayer game people need it to run smoothly. As for dx10 well doom3 engine is opengl not direct 3d.

Modding wise idunno, tho if bf2 is anything to go buy i dont rate bf2142 has terribly mod friendly, plus ild say the d3 engine is a bit more modable not just limited to minor changes to the core game like bf series.

Comment

Originally posted by HellToupee
                Explains the constantly changing balance via nerfs in bf2 :P still havnt got it right. I actually think bf2142 will be much worse balance wise due to the unlocks with the huge focus on unlocks where u have to play X hours just to get basic equipment vs guys who probly have all the super guns unlocked :/.
                True, I just feel that 2142 "could" be more mod-friendly because DiCE has had another year to work out all the things that BF2 could not recieve.

But, when you say balance in 2142, it might not be as "balanced" as regular BF2, but it could be more realistic with regard of people with very developed skills that could out match people. BF2 is so balanced because every-single player is cookie-cut. In 2142, I think that people will bring so much value with the many tuned unlocks that every match will be extremely different.

I just know that my friends are moving back to Id, because we all have trust and loyalty with their products. I am sure SplashDamage will do a great job. 2142, I am sure it will have merit also.

Comment

Here's the problem...everyone is saying they are either buying QW or BF2142, Am i the only one buying BOTH? I guess it's the youngins who only have one choice, since they probably get $$$ through mommy.

Comment

I think I will buy both. But I might wait a few weeks/month to get 2142....I just don't want to stop BF2.

It would be nice if you got rank credits/unlocks toward 2142 if you use your BF2 account. Kinda like when you do ROTC, you enter the service as an officer. Or if you have college, and go to basic training, you start out one or two ranks above the other privates. This is in real life.

Comment

Working...
                    X