J10 after 1.4 patch

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• J10 after 1.4 patch

Just wondering if there is any word on the J10 - F35 issue in the upcoming 1.4 patch.........Are they going to balance them out a bit?

Re: J10 after 1.4 patch

No indication of that.

Comment

Nothing seems to be done in 1.40 BETA 2 to fix the J-10 issue.

Comment

1.4 beta 1 , the j-10 could easily get shot down by an f-35b anytime.

Comment

Certainly no mention of it in any of the release notes...

But then again, they NEVER mention all of the changes in the release notes...

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
            I really hope this is the case.

I really enjoy flying the F35 but i hate having to run or bail every time i spot a J10.

Comment

Originally posted by Ph1L
              you dont need patch 1.4 if you have skill anyone can shoot down a J10.

Comment

Originally posted by <}US{>BlackHawkPilot73
                you dont patch 1.4 if you have skill anyone can shoot down a J10 just dont expect anything from Dice beacuse you suck.
                '

Comment

Says the guy who spends all his time flying a J10 and actually thinks he's good when no one shoots him down.

Comment

Yes... it is entirely possible to shoot down J-10s... in fact I kill them all the time.

That isn't the point..

It's the fact that the JSF needs to watch his back, cause if a J-10 gets beind you, you are pretty much done... unless you have flares and afterburner and know how to use them.

Where as, the J-10, can just TURN... and that's it.. And killing JSF's? All you have to do is lock, shoot, and forget. You can be confident that whatever missles you shoot that get locked, WILL hit.

The JSF, on the other hand, if you want to TRY to kill a J-10 with missles, you have to shoot all 6 and hope 1 will hit. If you get the right angle, and time it right so it's at a time where he is distracted, you MIGHT kill him with missles... but other than that, it's all guns.

The point is, it takes WAY less skill to fly a J-10 and survive, than it does in the JSF. I just saw a thread with some completely new player.. he has like 100 global points or something.. he said he went like 30-0 with the J-10, but he went like 0-22 with the JSF...

Comment

I found that spinning in a JSF dodges all the J-10s missles.

Comment

This doesn't work for missiles but if you turn the hover on do a loop you'll usualy make the j-10 overshoot you

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                          ...The point is, it takes WAY less skill to fly a J-10 and survive, than it does in the JSF. I just saw a thread with some completely new player.. he has like 100 global points or something.. he said he went like 30-0 with the J-10, but he went like 0-22 with the JSF...
                          Amen to that.

I saw another thread a little while back where they said the missiles had been tweaked again in the then-current revision of 1.4, but I haven't tried it myself.

As I've said many times, I don't think they really need to nerf the J-10 so much as fix the bloody F-35 so it's not a deathtrap. If they just corrected its retarded hitbox and maybe made the missiles a little more likely to hit the J-10 (again, perhaps through a hitbox change) then that would do it I think.

Comment

Hey subzero looks like you edited a lil too late according to metallica's quote. And yes, any1 can shoot down a J10 if that j10 is being flown by a rookie and after you've expended about 12 missiles at it. About 15% of all A2A's fired at the J10 from a JSF will hit it. And I think its something like over 60% of A2A's fired at a J10 will hit the JSF. So yea if you have patience and more talent then the J10 pilot; no worries.

Originally posted by poisonsoul
                            I found that spinning in a JSF dodges all the J-10s missles.
                            Yea I've noticed that helps. MY favorite tactic is the "maverick." upon being painted, I hit the burners and pull a loop, and right around coming out of it, hit the brakes and the j10 will usually get 1 or 2 A2A's off if he's lucky. But as long as you have preserved your flares jsut pop em, and he'll fly right by without scoring a hit, sometime's 1 hit despite the falres just because the JSF is a damn missile magnet. Reignite the burners and into pursuit mode :evil:

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                              MY favorite tactic is the "maverick." upon being painted, I hit the burners and pull a loop, and right around coming out of it, hit the brakes and the j10 will usually get 1 or 2 A2A's off if he's lucky. But as long as you have preserved your flares jsut pop em, and he'll fly right by without scoring a hit, sometime's 1 hit despite the falres just because the JSF is a damn missile magnet. Reignite the burners and into pursuit mode :evil:
                              I've never attempted any loops or anything I was flying parallel to the ground, full throttle and spinning. The enemy had a continuous lock on me. I switched to rear chase and watched as the J-10 fired all his missiles at me and watched as they all flew past me. He then broke off to get more missiles and I continued flying toward the carrier, until a lag spike hit me and I slammed into the carrier's bridge.

Comment

Working...
                              X