Game suddenly is choppy!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game suddenly is choppy!!!

Hey, well all sometime last week i noticed that the game started to become laggy or choppy eventhough the different servers i was on i had a low ping (30-100). So i uninstalled the game and reinstalled it, I have restarted my router and modem thinking it was my connection but it wasn't so now i dont know what i should do. My drivers are up to date and all that. Again previous to this week i only had normal lag and such in games but now its incredible how often and repetitve it is. Also it effects the sound its like the game freezes for a second or two.

My system
    Deminsion 9100
    pentium 4, 3.0 ghz
    1534 RAM
    Radeon x300/x550 128 mb

Re: Game suddenly is choppy!!!

Its your video card..that is a very low end card...Upgrade it and youll be all good...

Comment

yeah you would be right but i was fine before all this started (circa tuesday) i run the game with low settings and on a few mediums and it worked fine for months and then the fun started

Comment

Update your drivers and repatch your game. That should take care of it. Double check your video settings and make sure they are set correctly. Just to be on the safe side.

Comment

Right after you experience an online session with problems, run a single player session. If things smooth right out, there may be a problem somewhere on the internet... your router, your ISP, upstream of your ISP, etc. If the single player is as choppy as the rest, then the internet isn't where the problem lies. FWIW.

Comment

Yeah i had the same idea and single player is okay no problems there so i think its an internet issue but not sure how to problem solve it

Comment

I was playing last night when a couple of squad members said the same thing. Apprently their game became very "jerky" which is a sign of lag. Before that, they'd had no problems with lag or choppy gameplay.

Comment

clean out your cache.
                My Documents>mods>bf2>cache. delete all folders there and load up a single player game. see if its still laggy

Comment

Cleaning out my cache didnt change anything still having problems

Comment

dont play with 63 other players, that will create lalot of lag. if 32 player is still too laggy for you, go 20 or 16.

Comment

I still get it with 1on1. It just started for me a few weeks ago. Every 30-40s I get 2-3s of chop now. Very weird.

Comment

Same problem here. Had great frame rates and no lagging until the 1.3 patch was installed. Did the full re install after deleting all the temp files left over from the past install. Updated all the drivers. Even tried setting all graphics to low and still the problem.

Bloody frustrating....game worked fine before the patch so i don't want to change my computers hardware if not needed

Comment

Yes, same thing here.

This I believe is down to Punkbuster.

The exact same thing happen way back when Punkbuster ****** up the game with the sound issue which people are funny enough, getting right now.

This explains why you where fine before and not now and why your fine single player but not multi.

It has nothing to do with your setup as so many understandably suggest, as it seems to only affect certain people.

The sound issue and game lag as far as with me happened at the same time on both present and past counts.

Someone managed to find a fix for the screech of speakers but unfortunately the game lag is still unresolved.

Phone EA, tell them your problems, they might be able to help.

Comment

Well,

Conacted EA about my lagginess and other problems like CTD etc and here is there reply from their technical support

--------------------------------------------------------------------------
                            Hello,

Thank you for contacting Electronic Arts. I’m sorry for the difficulty that you are having with Battlefield 2.

First you may try to manually uninstall the game and then reinstall it under a new windows administrator account and then patch it with the full 1.3 patch only. Should you try to attempt to roll back to 1.22 there would be only a few ranked servers available since almost all of them has migrated to version 1.3

Please click here for instructions removing all associated files and registry entries with the game. http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p?p_faqid=8986

Please create a new administrator account in windows xp. This is to check if there's any corrupted files with the old administrator account. You'd have to uninstall the game using the old administrator account then reinstall the game using the new one.

If you are unsure whether the account you are using has Administrator abilities, you can check this in the User Accounts interface.

Click on the Start button.
                            Click on Control Panel.
                            Locate the small Control Panel sub-window at the top left of the window.
                            If it says Switch to Category View, you are in the correct viewing mode.
                            If it says Switch to Classic View, click on the text to switch to the correct view.
                            Double-click on the User Accounts icon.
                            Find your user name in the User Accounts window.
                            Look to the right to determine which Group it is in. It should be an Administrator, Computer Administrator, or Owner account.

If you would like to make a new Administrator account, you can do this in the User Accounts interface.

Click on the Start button.
                            Click on Control Panel.
                            Locate the small Control Panel sub-window at the top left of the window.
                            If it says Switch to Category View, you are in the correct viewing mode.
                            If it says Switch to Classic View, click on the text to switch to the correct view.
                            Double-click on the User Accounts icon.
                            Click on the Add button.
                            Choose a user name and password.
                            Make sure to give the account full Administrator abilities.
                            Once the account is created, you will be able to restart and log in with the new Administrator account.

If you cannot allow a user access to an Administrator account to run the game, there is a feature in Windows XP that allows you to choose to run a certain program as if it had Administrator abilities. This is the Run As option. This option may not work perfectly, but typically it will allow the game to run in a limited account. Also, you will have to complete these steps each time the game is run in order to give it permission to run with Administrator abilities.

Locate the icon for running the game. This may be located on the desktop, or in the Start Menu.
                            Right-click on the game icon and choose Run As.
                            Click in the bubble next to “The following user:”
                            In the User Name box, choose the Administrator account.
                            Type the password for the Administrator account in the Password box.
                            Click OK.
                            The program will now launch and run with Administrator capabilities. It will only have these abilities for this instance of the program; these steps must be repeated when the game is started again.

I do thank you for supporting our games and apologize for your situation, and the inconvenience that this causes you. Please let me know if I can be of further assistance.

Should you require further assistance about this or any Electronic Arts games in the future please visit our website and review our extensive Self Help knowledgebase (http://ea.custhelp.com/cgi-bin/ea.cf...r/std_alp.php?)
                            --------------------------------------------------------------------------

All being said, tried there suggestion but now have the CTD problem back again so I mignt have do it all again tonight. The patch I am using is the full 1.3 from EA downloader so I might try a patch from somewhere else.

am also using the automatic update program for punkbuster so maybe I should manually install the updates?

Could always put a new HDD in and do a completely clean install .

Comment

that ea reply is bs. thats technical support? TBF2 guys can do better than that...

Comment

Working...
                              X