Chopper TV missile hitboxes ???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Chopper TV missile hitboxes ???

I haven't seen it dicussed here, but thebest place i've found to shoot the chopper with a tv is near the tail area....top propeller area...or occasionally it seems like you can sideswipe them if its going straight at them. Also what the hell is up with the missiles going straight through the middle of the chopper? Seems like it would damage it rather than flying right through it wouldn' you think? Any other gunner have anything specific they aim for?

Re: Chopper TV missile hitboxes ???

The best place to shoot a helo with the TV missile is "anywhere." You kidding me? Nothing walks away from a TV missile regardless of where u hit it, just as long as you "hit it."

Comment

i think he means the bug of missiles going through stuff, that the tail rotor section seems to be exempt from taht bug

Comment

Yup, for some reason, aiming for the center of the target chopper makes the missle fly right through it, and this is for Attack choppers as well. What yields the most hits is the Tail area, around the tail rotor and boom.

The Hitboxes for BF2 vehicles, especially in the air, are very off. Hitboxes for aircraft lag behind the actual model as well.

Comment

yeah.. there's a thread on this already.

Comment

Sometimes if you get lucky, you can 'miss' but you will actually hit a blade and blow the chopper up.

One place never to aim is at the cockpit. I was in a game once and pulled of an insane shot with the tv missle. I wasnt lined up, my pilot was doing a barrel roll I shot one off by mistake and I curved WAY right and saw the cockpit aimed for the pilot's head and guess what? Went right through. Then I got a proper line up, aimed for the chopper side and it went right through AGAIN. Then the gunner shot us down during my reload. Total BS.

Comment

Originally posted by Zefram
              yeah.. there's a thread on this already.
              I got sick of reading threads about claymores, so I threw this up to keep things mixed up a bit.

Comment

i have lost count on the number of times that i have guided an tv past a chopper only to be surprised when i get the kill register to much head scratching for me to work it out lol

Comment

Times I've sworn I got the kill, I missed.

Times I was sure I missed, I got the kill.

Comment

Working...
                  X