hmm need some help

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• hmm need some help

ok i installed my game and all today (bf2) but i cant play it?

i click the shortcut and it brings up the suqare that say BF2, and i wait for the game to start, but it doesnt :cry: what would cause this?

Re: hmm need some help

no offence but, what's your system specs....?

Comment

sorry comp has

msi k8neo platinum 2 mobo
      3200+ 64 bit chip
      9800 pro video card
      120 gig maxtor if that even matters

anybody?

Comment

did u reboot after u installed it ...try like taking out the cd..rebooting and then reboot again and then put in the cd...i feel like i use to have this problem when i first installed it and make sure ur cd #1 is in the drive

Comment

i no the prob...i think..it did that to me so i clicked on the bf2 icon(not the shortcut) went to proprties and set the boot up to low and 16 bit...thats what i could remember...i dont have it right now tho..

Comment

o yea also have a gig of ram

Comment

hmmmmmmm......

Comment

aright i reinstalled it, now it gets past that square then just crashes and windows sends me an error report

windows xp pro btw

Comment

have u tried my sulution?i dont no much about ur computer,but that worked for mine

Comment

how do i set boot options? i cant even get into the game?

Comment

Did you update the game with the latest patch? For a fresh install of BF2 you'll need: FilePlanet 1.3 full

Not that it should make a difference, the game should open even on a 1.0 install.

But a quicker fix then trouble shooting a fresh install problem, is to just patch it to 1.3. Your going to need 1.3 to play multi-player on most servers anyway.

Who knows, maybe it's a particular hardware problem your having and 1.3 handles it better then a 1.0 install.

Is your disk in the drive? Sounds obvious but let's eliminate the easiest things first.

Reboot is a good idea.

Comment

yea disk is in the drive updated directx ad everything ill try patching it

Comment

eh?just right click the bf2 icon and go to properties...it should say somthing about boot up on one of the tabs,on that tab,set it to 16 bit...or somthing like that..just set everything low or off

Comment

hmm nope doesnt work just messes with the color and stll crashes

i can use hte dedicated server thing but not th egame wow lol

Comment

i dont think that would work...try getting the patch

Comment

Working...
                              X