Interesting/Annoying Hitbox Flaw

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Interesting/Annoying Hitbox Flaw

Ok, so here's a video of some loser being leet with an aimbot. The only interesting thing here occurs at 25 seconds into the video. (it also happens several other times in the video if you care to watch)

You see him pistoling a sniper who is proned. The aimbot suddenly juts upwards following the movement of the hitbox as the sniper stands. The thing is this occurs before the animation of prone-to-stand has completed. Clearly the transition from proning to standing lacks the nessesary transition motion of the hitboxes and not just the model.

Basically if that didn't make sense to you, when someone runs at you and prones or is proned and stands, there is a second where you will end up shooting 3-4 shots at thin air, EVEN though you're shooting the player model.

I'd noticed this before but didn't have any proof to confirm my suspicions. Thanks to the hacking thread I saw this video and realized that the hitboxes are flawed. All the times I'd died having shot off a full mag at a proning soldier were not just my poor aim or crappy weapon deviation. You literally have to compensate for someone proning instantaniously and shoot towards their feet the second they start proning.

That's such a huge flaw in CQC, because i'm often the first person to react in a firefight so i prone first and start gunning the opposition, meanwhile he turns and prones, allowing me to miss several shots and him to get off all the hits he needs for a kill.

Long story short: freaking BS.

Re: Interesting/Annoying Hitbox Flaw

i've learned to always aim at the feet since 1.2 :-\

ps:

wow, the crappy music and the fact that the guy doesn't even do well, even with aimbot is embarassing. I guess there's no hacks for terrible use of tactics.

Comment

_____________bottom line,bunny hoppers+dolphine divers=noob!___________

Comment

stop the propaganda

Comment

What is even more entertaining is that it STILL takes the guy a near full clip to kill an enemy....not even a threat.

Comment

no wounder i keep on getting owned... either that or i fust suck

Comment

LOL if thats the best aimbot available then im not worried

Comment

Originally posted by [ht].ken
                What is even more entertaining is that it STILL takes the guy a near full clip to kill an enemy....not even a threat.
                I thought that guy sucked too. I've seen people that have owned the game for less than a week do a lot better without cheating. I did not think there was cheating involved as it took him nearly 3 shots per kill with the SVD. The crosshair thing with the pistol may or may not have been a cheat. Again, there are people that are really good with pistols and sniper rifles. You get someone with 400+ hours as sniper they are not going to suck as bad as someone with less than 40 or 50 hours.

Comment

erm -- heelllloooooo, who cares about the crappy aimbot people, clearly the guy sucks. The issue is the freaking joke of a hitbox setup - do none of you realize how stupid this is? I've died countless times cursing this stupid game flaw.

I'm surprised that no one else is as annoyed as I am. People whine about almost everything else, and normally on really minor issues to. The whole point of this game is to kill the enemy, how can you do that if the very fundamentals of this game are flawed.

oh well, not like this is going to get any attention any time soon. It was reasuring to see the DICE guy posting here a few times but I doubt they take most of this stuff to heart. what a shame.

Comment

Originally posted by tjmhay
                    erm -- heelllloooooo, who cares about the crappy aimbot people, clearly the guy sucks. The issue is the freaking joke of a hitbox setup - do none of you realize how stupid this is? I've died countless times cursing this stupid game flaw.

I'm surprised that no one else is as annoyed as I am. People whine about almost everything else, and normally on really minor issues to. The whole point of this game is to kill the enemy, how can you do that if the very fundamentals of this game are flawed.

oh well, not like this is going to get any attention any time soon. It was reasuring to see the DICE guy posting here a few times but I doubt they take most of this stuff to heart. what a shame.
                    Hitboxes was a big problem back in BF1942. I was hoping it would be better in BF2 but you still see many of the same problems.

Comment

Well poor hitboxes come down to time which=money which equals screw the consumer. + Qoute "The Patriot" "Aim small miss small."

Comment

You have the same flawed hitboxes as your attacker. And yea if thats an aimbot I hope every one has them cus it sucks.

Comment

Originally posted by diesalot
                          You have the same flawed hitboxes as your attacker. And yea if thats an aimbot I hope every one has them cus it sucks.
                          except that it doesn't reward the better player, if I see an enemy I normally hit the deck first before they see me. They prone while i'm firing at them so I miss shots and they always have the same proned target to shoot. It's almost better to be shot at and return fire than to instigate an attack. Totally counter-intuative to what would otherwise be rational gameplay.

Comment

Originally posted by tjmhay
                            except that it doesn't reward the better player, if I see an enemy I normally hit the deck first before they see me. They prone while i'm firing at them so I miss shots and they always have the same proned target to shoot. It's almost better to be shot at an return fire than to instigate an attack. Totally counter-intuative to what would otherwise be rational gameplay.
                            The better player is rewarded when he learns how to kill his enemy. Sounds like you have bad accy.

Comment

my stats are above average i'd say. You're just marring the issue with redundancy. It's not always the "better" player when it's an internet based game and the netcode/hitboxes are not optimal.

You can blanket a response like that on almost any topic, it doesn't push aside any real doubts, at least not in an objective sense.

Comment

Working...
                              X