Golden Groundpounders?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Golden Groundpounders?

Hey, I've seen that you guys above first/master seargent, have 40, 50, and 60+ gold, silver, and bronze medals..I barely have two of each. Is it easy to get first with a server as a groundpounder? Or would I be better off going to a less-played server to try my luck? I'm a pretty dam good player, lately, my skills have increased noticibly, as nearly 4/5 of all my games, I have a positive K/D ratio. I raised my K/D ratio from 0.65 to 0.93, I'm pretty proud of myself.

Re: Golden Groundpounders?

thats nice
    best just to play Karkand and get a tank and own the enemy...its what i do
    or if you can do that just do what ya do

Comment

i find that i can outscore most armor whores with just a medic or support kit. Get in a big squad and make sure to provide them with ammo/health/revives. You'll get a big score at the end.

Comment

You're a perfect example...you've got 74 golds man! God, how long does it take to get yourself that many gold medals...christ...I've tried the whole tank thing...no need to say that I got completely owned. Ahhh..I must find the secret!

Comment

Just play and have fun - if you get a medal, you get a medal. When I get one it's usually a complete surprise.

Comment

when i come 3rd 2nd or 1st i think wow another medal, but then i think, this will all add up soon and ill have sh*t loads of golds or whatever

Comment

plays in a squad as a team no need to get into armour and go medic or supply during the game and with the kills you get along the way aswell as the heal,revive and supply points you should get a hefty score if your a decent player.

Comment

Getting gold by ground pounding will be tough if there are armor and helos. Most people will jump in those and rack up the kills. It's possible if you can cap a lot, defend a lot, heal/revive/supply a lot, and keep a nice K/D ratio in a round. Seems like a lot to go right, but it's possible.

Commanding makes it easier. So do armor and helos. But neither of those are ground pounders.

Comment

What do you consider to be a groundpounder?

Comment

Gold Star (x272)
                    Silver Star (x153)
                    Bronze Star (x137)

lol

If I play on the ground as a medic, I almost always come in first when I try..

But flying jets alot doesn't hurt

Comment

I have spent a lot of my time groundpounding, and so long as I'm in the right frame of mind, find it pretty easy to get gold/silver/bronze.

Some games I just want to relax playing, so I pick sniper and camp out somewhere, but overall, I love getting right into the action and fighting like I want to stay alive!

Scort.

Comment

Originally posted by da mighty carrot
                        You're a perfect example...you've got 74 golds man! God, how long does it take to get yourself that many gold medals...christ...I've tried the whole tank thing...no need to say that I got completely owned. Ahhh..I must find the secret!
                        Learn when it's time to run away and never ever stay still. It's also a good idea to stick close to infantry so they can kill potential spec op or AT guys. The never stay still thing works here too plus sometimes you end up running over some c4 bastard.

Comment

It really doesn't matter what class you play, or are you infantry or in a vehicle

You basically just have to make sure you don't have idle moments. You need to figure out where the fiercest combat is, and join the fray as fast as possible. Be VERY aggressive. Not only this eventually helps your score/minute (you'll get destroyed first :P), but you also improve faster.

Attack, attack, attack.

Comment

Pick any vehicle heavy map. Go support and start a squad called Anti-Tank. If you can get even two guys to join and stick with you. You'll rack up the TW points for both flag caps, and resupply. Everytime one of those AT guys fires off a rocket you can throw them an ammo bag and get a point. AT guys love you too, since they run out of ammo so fast, and so few support players actually fill the support role (most play like the guy in The Pwned Life...)

Or really any good squad that sticks together and concentrates on taking flags. If you do that, you'll get enough kills just killing flag defenders.

Comment

Dude, just practice and enjoy the game. It doesn't take a tank whore or medic whore to get medals, it takes a good player(these things do help sometimes). An example, I managed to get a bronze last night on SAK using a AT. This was on a full 64 player server. This means I beat out alot of the tank whores and medic whores. I was only 3 points behind gold. I went 25:10 K/D. Not bad for a AT. This was a rarity as I normally don't like AT. And before anyone says I was using the rocket to kill ground troops, false, I only killed one person that way, and that was because he walked in front of me. I was attacking the armor most of the round.

This won't happen to often with a kit like this, but it sure felt good to do it. I will admit that my best SAK round is from using a Medic and second from being in a tank, but it is so much more fun to have to earn it.

The funny thing is this came after me changing all my video settings and updating the video driver. The settings are all now on mostly high, so I am able to see everything very clearly now and I think it helped my aim .

Just keep playing and use the kit you feel most comfortable with. Enjoy the game and the medals will come.

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst
                              Gold Star (x272)
                              Silver Star (x153)
                              Bronze Star (x137)

lol

If I play on the ground as a medic, I almost always come in first when I try..

But flying jets alot doesn't hurt
                              Yea you jet whore you!! :laugh: J/K

Comment

Working...
                              X