Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Video settings for fraps. What should I decrease?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video settings for fraps. What should I decrease?

There was a site... I couldn't find it with search... and I was wondering if any of you know the site.

It showed like what video settings would do what, and had a SS for each setting.

Basically there was little to no difference visually between medium and high, but you gained FPS, and then low, there was a huge difference visually and increase of performance.

I am trying to run FRAPS, and right now I have everything on medium, except I have geometry, texture, and terrain on high, with AA turned off.

Running without FRAPS, I get different FPS depending on the map. On wake, I get 70-100 FPS, on karkand, I get 40-70 FPS.

With FRAPS on wake, I get around 25 FPS, and 15-25 FPS on karkand.

Now I don't know if you know what 25 FPS feels like in a jet... but trying to use the cannons is a bitch.. and I feel like a retard flying with FRAPS on.

I also, don't want the game to look like **** with all low settings. The thing is, the draw distance like changes with the settings. Hard to explain. Like geometry, I heard that is the most important setting, and that effects how soon people on the ground will pop up, and alot of other things effect that too.. because all high settings with DD on 100%, you will see people ALOT farther, than with all low settings, with DD on 100%... so the settings do effect it.

Since most likely no one will know where to find that site, what should I turn down? Terrain? Or texture? I am thinking terrain... because I am going to be in a jet.. so I don't give a **** what the ground looks like in a jet, but then, does that effect the water? Because that low quality water is just bad looking. And something else makes the jet look all dark and stuff.. I think that might be shadow related though. What else could I maybe turn to low?

Re: Video settings for fraps. What should I decrease?

tweakguides.com

i think

found it

exact page

a little farther down under video

Since most likely no one will know where to find that site
    bwahaha I spit on your scepticism

and for your FRAPs, try this. Under movies, select half size and put 99 FPS as your custom FPS. And disable sound I suppose. The 99 FPS really helped me out.

Comment

try setting up ur digicam up to the monitor if you have one. im gonna try and see if its possible.

Comment

FRAPs is the best program for screen capture. A digicam wont have as good results.

metallica post your settings.

Comment

lol it doesnt look too.. bad at least it doesnt get choppy

Comment

ROFL...

No sound
            Half-size
            100 FPS

lol

I have always found that to be the best.

So i'll just turn terrain to low and textures to medium

Comment

Working...
            X