I cant move my mouse in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I cant move my mouse in game

hey all...for some reason i cant movie my mouse in game and esc does'nt workm i've reinstalled an still the same problem, does anyone have any ideas?

Re: I cant move my mouse in game

Originally posted by DeVilish
    hey all...for some reason i cant movie my mouse in game and esc does'nt workm i've reinstalled an still the same problem, does anyone have any ideas?
    Ok if it is what I think, then I know how to fix it.

Is it like this? Right after you click join game, the weapon screen/spawn point screen pops up, and your mouse is centered in the center of the screen, and you cant move it. You also can't hit caps lock, or esc. So you have to Crtl+Alt+Del out?

If it is like that, what you have to do is go into the controls, and set everything back to defaut. Then redo your controls and try it again.

I don't know why, but that fixes it.

Comment

It happened to me and the way I fixed it was leave it alone for a month and I came back to it and it was fixed!! crazy huh? noone else gets on my puter by the way

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

Is it like this? Right after you click join game, the weapon screen/spawn point screen pops up, and your mouse is centered in the center of the screen, and you cant move it. You also can't hit caps lock, or esc. So you have to Crtl+Alt+Del out?

If it is like that, what you have to do is go into the controls, and set everything back to defaut. Then redo your controls and try it again.

That's my thinking. I don't understand why this happens. The stupid thing is........we all just accept it! This is just one of many stupid little things that need to be fixed in this game.

Comment

Yeah but the method I put up is a working method to fix it. It never really comes up.. It happened to me 2 times since I started playing, and both of the times were within the first 3 months or so.

Comment

It might be his vid. card. Either your using some incompatible drivers or it's most likely that your settings are set above what your card can dish out. Do some downgrading on all of your settings and assure that you are using the appropriate drivers. Then see what happens.

Comment

Its not his vid card lol. Your controls just got wiped is all. lol.

Comment

Originally posted by metallicaguitrst

Oddly enough, that happens to me for a few seconds, without having changed anything. Just Lag I think though...

Comment

Originally posted by 12:oc7ock
                  It might be his vid. card. Either your using some incompatible drivers or it's most likely that your settings are set above what your card can dish out. Do some downgrading on all of your settings and assure that you are using the appropriate drivers. Then see what happens.
                  ROFL!

Comment

...moved to BF2 Support

Comment

Move your BF2 folder out of your My Documents folder. Go into the game. The game will create a new BF2 folder. If the mouse works, the control.con file in your old folder was corrupt.

Comment

Like I said in my first post. If what I described was his problem, my solution would work.. But he didn't say anything back yet.

Comment

wow =
                          for the first time ever
                          search worked for me !
                          found this topic - had same problem after power interruption in house
                          even reinstalled game/patch/mouse drivers
                          then got a different mouse
                          still locked up !
                          then read this topic
                          lucky us - we made a copy of controls.con
                          all ok now

Comment

Working...
                          X