AT mine tip

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• AT mine tip

A lot of people will already know this but i know a few wont so here goes.

Did you know that if you place an AT mine on the top of a tank/jeep/buggy/APC etc as soon as it moves it goes off?

Ive noticed some people while playing and mates aswell, use 2 mines when setting a trap for vehicles, 1 at the back and 1 at the front so as soon as the enemy get in, which ever direction they go in they will set off one of the mines.

This is a bit of a waste, using 2 mines when only 1 will go off. Place 1 mine on the roof and when the unsuspecting occupants start on their merry way....!!!KABOOM!!!

Like i said you probably already know but knowledge is power

Re: AT mine tip

never knew that thanks for the tip mate

Comment

aye same cheers but it seems a bit unrealistic ( yes i know bf2 isnt a ****ing simulation )

Comment

Be warey of this one.

If you leave a vehicle while in the detonation radius of a friendly mine, it will go off when the vehicle goes neutral.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
          Be warey of this one.

If you leave a vehicle while in the detonation radius of a friendly mine, it will go off when the vehicle goes neutral.

Simon

never happend to me.

Comment

Be warey of this one.

Simon
            Not noticed that one mate. I've driven a jeep near a flag, jumped out to capture (as in a jeep your asking to be grenaded) and chucked an AT mine in the back. half way through capturing the flag one of the enemy jumped in and it went off. But it didn't go off until he jumped in.

Comment

or what if no enemy ever gets in and ur team mate does... then u've used 2 mines for nothing.

Get a sniper buddy, you be engineer and let him place 1 claymore on each side of the road directly across from each other and then put a mine infront of each and when a tank or w/e rols by and sets off the claymores, it will throw the mines into the tank and kill it.

It works if done right, I've done it and seen it doen.

Comment

It's true. A neutral vehicle (nobody in it) will detonate mines. For example, if you get out of your car, and push that car into the mine, it will asplode and possibly destroy the vehicle you're in as well.

Edit: You can put mines on an UNMOVING neutral vehicle, but once it goes in motion (with no friendlies inside) it will detonate.

Comment

I've reproduced and verified (Because I was getting nicked for TK's) this one. Go in as an engineer. Plant a mine in front of a jeep. Wait a few seconds for the mine to arm. Get in the jeep. Drive on top of the mine. Get out.

Comment

Originally posted by scknight
                    It's true. A neutral vehicle (nobody in it) will detonate mines. For example, if you get out of your car, and push that car into the mine, it will asplode and possibly destroy the vehicle you're in as well.
                    but that would work if the mine was in the road aswell.

All im saying is, your going for a flag, there's 2 APC's and a tank and you have 2 mines left which would normally be enough to cover one if the enemy spawns and jumps in. you could use the 2 mines and place 1 on each of the APC roof, which covers both vehicles and then jump in the tank and safely take the flag....as an example for instance

Comment

Originally posted by Sgt_Splinter

never happend to me.
                      x2

Comment

I've reproduced and verified (Because I was getting nicked for TK's) this one. Go in as an engineer. Plant a mine in front of a jeep. Wait a few seconds for the mine to arm. Get in the jeep. Drive on top of the mine. Get out.
                        ..............then wait 2 minutes and the vehicle starts to burn and explode because you've taken it off its spawn point!

Comment

It used be a lot easier in the past to run up behind a tank and throw a mine onto it. Now of course we have to jump onto it first and drop it.

Always a useful trick, kinda like the spec-ops attaching C4 to a tank as it drives over him.

Comment

i always put 2 mines down (front+back) if i see an enemy tank or apc. cause sometimes if i put one on top it doesnt always go off when it moves

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
                              i always put 2 mines down (front+back) if i see an enemy tank or apc. cause sometimes if i put one on top it doesnt always go off when it moves
                              Yeah, had that happend a few times. :cry:

Comment

Working...
                              X