jet landing

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• jet landing

hey everyone i started bf2 bout 4-5 months ago, im ok in jets and i still cant land them. i laugh at myselfevry time though . Can anyone actually do this every time?
    how far do you have to be when you cut the engines?
    plz help

Re: jet landing

u need to practice and learn ur speeds better. u can fly real slow and have JUST enough speed to keep u airborne. u may have to push forward a bit and go back on it to achieve an even slower speed. but once ur nose starts to drop due to lack of speed, you had better be near the runway and dont let ur nose dip down too far.

Comment

Originally posted by CTD-CaptainBuck
      u need to practice and learn ur speeds better. u can fly real slow and have JUST enough speed to keep u airborne. u may have to push forward a bit and go back on it to achieve an even slower speed. but once ur nose starts to drop due to lack of speed, you had better be near the runway and dont let ur nose dip down too far.
      yeah just learn to fly ur jet at speeds of 450 - 550 once u can do that just slow down low over the runway

Comment

it just takes a bit of practice. Really, you shouldn't try to land a jet because except for on the carrier it takes less time to spawn a new jet than it does to turn yours around. When you land there's a couple tricks to remember

1) Come into the runway (from a good distance) straight on at about 350 mph
        2) When you're getting close cut the speed all the way. If you have a permanent speed setting (my speed is always locked at 450 via my joystick, and then I speed up or slow down via the keyboard) then make sure you keep holding decelerate.
        3) Try to keep well parallel with the runway until you're touching it, then push forward to keep the nose down and don't let go.
        4) Have faith in the fact that you have a good chance of coming to a stop before you hit the hangar or fall off the end of the carrier. There's probably less chance of you regaining enough speed to get back in the air than there is of stopping.
        5) Enjoy the next 15 minutes of complicated maneouvering to turn around so you can take off again ... all while avoiding people who will try to jump in front of you like lame-azz whores so that you get a TK

Comment

oh ok thnx for thatt every time i tried i would go just far enough then try to cut my engines completly so there we go

thanks for this guys

Comment

Yea,first of all i use a microsoft sidewinder joystick.If u use a mouse then disregard this post.Example...Wake Island-carrier landing.As i am approaching carrier i throttle down and vary it from 1/2-3/4 just to keep the nose up and forward motion.And dont make hard turns,hard to correct at very slow speeds.
            As you are touching down dont throttle all the way back,cause with my joystick,the F-35 with start a verticle hover.So in my case 1/2 throttle is 0%.Now if you are trying to repair,i wouldnt land.Just go to an area that is OUT OF THE WAY of other aircraft.Such as in front of the forward CIWS.And hover there.Cause in my case sometimes it doesnt repair me if i am landed.(Dont know why)If you get into trouble use the afterburners and get away.Now if you are using an airstrip like Gulf Of Oman as MEC.Then use all the same as above except when u touchdown,throttle all the way back and your aircraft will roll in reverse.So you can takeoff again.

Comment

Working...
            X