Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Connection Problems

ok,
    every time i join a server about 2 minuts into to the game i alwayz get connection problems and my ping is like 32-80
    can anyone help me??

Re: Connection Problems

Just bf2 i think i get it alot and my ping is around 29

Comment

When did this start happening? Do you manually update your punkbuster? Are any other programs you use timing out? Done a Spyware scan recently? Your limited description of the problem leaves a lot of possibilities.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by Comrad_Joe
        ok,
        every time i join a server about 2 minuts into to the game i alwayz get connection problems and my ping is like 32-80
        can anyone help me??
        what you playing on,, wired / wireless?
        do you have the correct ports open?

guessing from your rank this cant have been a constant problem so something new, i do get connection problems the odd time it seems to be some kind of random gremlin

Comment

I have had connecton problems since 1.3. I will get the usual " There is a problem with your connection" messaging in the middle of a game, or just as I connect to a server and select weapon, game crashes to desktop. Fun stuff.

Comment

ok,
            can anyone help me??
            Your going to have to give us some more info here. Make sure your joining servers close to your location, or maybe your internet service is screwing up.

Comment

ok
              i have made it so PB scans my hard drive every 500 seconds and not 20
              this started happening the other day, before that it waz just fine
              ill do a add and virus scan now
              i am in Australia and im joining GameArena

Comment

ok
                yea im in AUS too and i can only join GA XD
                it happens a lot esp on the --- only servers (ie Sharqi, Wake but not Karkhand for some reason?)
                i think its just the game and 1.3, does this happene EVERY time or once in a while?

Comment

everytime i join a server i get this,
                  its keeps flashing Connection Problems every 10 seconds and lag somewhere...
                  i hate it, when i aksed for help on a server they said its the 1.3 patch, so hopefully 1.4 will fix this

Comment

You need to manually update your PB. If your playing on a GA server that doesn't use the standard port then they can have trouble updating PB for the players, so its best to manually update PB.

PBsetup.exe is the best method: http://www.evenbalance.com/index.php?page=pbsetup.php
                    Direct link to pbsetup.exe: http://websec.evenbalance.com/downlo...ws/pbsetup.exe

Below is the recent updates:

Sunday 07.09.2006 [11:45PM]

Version 1.241 of the PB Server for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 07.06.2006 [9:00PM]

Version 1.240 of the PB Server for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.
                    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Thursday 07.06.2006 [5:45PM]

Version 1.256 of the PB Client for BF2 has been released to our PB Master Servers for auto-update and to our website download page. This is a maintenance release.

Comment

Bet I have worse connection problems than any of you!!!

Comment

ok
                        How do you change how often PB scans ?

Comment

Hit the tilde key ~
                          PB_Sleep 500
                          PB_WriteCfg

Comment

Working...
                          X