Prob with grafic in game

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Prob with grafic in game

here is a screen shot of it http://img76.imageshack.us/img76/6899/screen0051hd.jpg .. i get it when i play 1/5hours or so .. but it hate it .. i got a brand new vid card XFX 7900 GTX

( the problem is the black thing on my gun and the green thing !!

Re: Prob with grafic in game

That is called artifacting and it means your card is broken or your pc is too hot, what is the ambient temperature inside your case and the temperature of your gpu?

btw this problem is quite common with 7900s

Comment

Originally posted by Heatseeker_no.1
      That is called artifacting and it means your card is broken or your pc is too hot, what is the ambient temperature inside your case and the temperature of your gpu?

btw this problem is quite common with 7900s
      Yup. If your temps are ok, and if you have the drivers installed correctly, you need to send that vid card back to boot camp.

edit--my x800xt was doing the same thing. i couldn't figure it out--the card was clean, but still running HOT, HOT, HOT (87-89C under ATItool load)...but when I blew compressed air INTO the air "intakes", out flew a sweater full of lint/dust/carpet.

Now we stay cool...and no more big black/green lines shooting across the screen.

Comment

Originally posted by megawhompertoo
        Yup. If your temps are ok, and if you have the drivers installed correctly, you need to send that vid card back to boot camp.
        Ah, also check your psu is up to spec.

Comment

its a verybrand new card .. i think its the temp in my comp .. if i open the case i have no problems wit it ... but the past days its very hot over here ( holland )

Comment

How hot?

Comment

i wouldnt spend anytime trying to find a solution, cause 90% chance you wont get anything to fix that. 7900gts are really known for that, i know i own 1 and had to rma my first one i got 4 weeks ago. i would just return the card back and get a replacement.
              nvidia has sent out new 7900 that are "rohs compliant" that include new memory i dont know about xfx but evga already has the new revised cards. call xfx or go back to store where you got it and exchange it.

Comment

I agree, unless the ambient temp in Holland is 40+ you should get a replacement, graphics cards shouldn't be sold so unstable as to artifact in the summer, some people (i.e me) just like to further OC them that way afterwards

Comment

temps dont do much, my card was artifacting and i had a zalman vf900 on it w/ a idle temp @ 36c.

the 7900 can easily run in the high 80's w/out problems their even set to throttle back @ 120c obviously if you were hitting high 90's i would work on airflow. but temps arent probably causing artifacts. the memory is probably crapping out. you can try downclocking your card w/ coolbits 2.0 and for a TEMPORARY fix until you can get a replacement.

Comment

Originally posted by absoluteczech
                    temps dont do much, my card was artifacting and i had a zalman vf900 on it w/ a idle temp @ 36c.
                    Just because your card was broken it doesnt mean his is, although it looks likely.

Originally posted by absoluteczech
                    the 7900 can easily run in the high 80's w/out problems their even set to throttle back @ 120c obviously if you were hitting high 90's i would work on airflow. but temps arent probably causing artifacts. the memory is probably crapping out. you can try downclocking your card w/ coolbits 2.0 and for a TEMPORARY fix until you can get a replacement.
                    Or just get a desk fan and place it so it blows into the open side of your case onto your card, don't bother underclocking for the few hours before you can RMA it.

Or you could stop playing BF2, your not that desperate are you

Comment

Working...
                    X