Practicing Sniping

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Practicing Sniping

I just thought of a really cool way to practice sniping. Go into a local game and put up UAVs and attempt to snipe them. The circular pattern of the drones covers all directions of movement, and how far away you put it is up to you.

I just tried it in my own local server and it was a kinda of a challenge.

Just thought I would put it out there for any aspiring snipers in the game.

Re: Practicing Sniping

not a bad idea, im gonna go try this soon

Comment

would the uav explode?

Comment

If you can get enough shots in. But it gives a hit indicator regardless. Even if it your own UAV. Useful.

This is also very useful if you want to practice TV guiding.

Comment

i hate it, cause no matter WHAT angle i am at, the UAV still 'disappears' into the clouds for at least half of its rotation

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
            i hate it, cause no matter WHAT angle i am at, the UAV still 'disappears' into the clouds for at least half of its rotation

Yeah me too

Comment

Originally posted by USARANGER01
              ????

Put the UAV closer then! I can see the UAV for its entire rotation from like 400 meters.

Comment

Whenever I've got down time in a game (just after spawning, waiting somewhere that I know there's no enemies, etc.) I sometimes practice with my rifle by choosing a target in the distance (the corner of a building, top of a tower, any point I can see) and then jumping to the ground, aiming and shooting in succession. This helps me to practice knowing exactly where I'll be aiming without having the crosshairs (when not zoomed in) to guide me. When I jump to the ground and aim I can see how far off I was from the target I was trying to aim at. This helps a lot, and many people already have this skill. I don't know how many times I've been running and see a sniper ahead of me, he drops to the ground and then I fall over dead... I've done it a couple times but it's worth it to keep the machine well oiled.

Comment

yeah my view distance is pretty low so its hard to see sometimes but i guess its good practice for sniping since i can never hit it

Comment

The best way I think is to go into single player and snipe. Easy of course, just a little bit of moding and your bots will be super hard. :evil: :evil:
                    My main kit is sniping, it gets easy after awhile.

Comment

The only problem with single player is really that its not a true indication of how the bullets actually register when you play on the net. It does however improve your general aiming just won't allow you to develop the shot leads/latency anticipation required to get someone on an actual server somewhere.

Comment

Well, if you don't like single player, heres what you should do. Get a lot of people together you know that play BF2 and do tests. It what I do, not that hard either.

Comment

that's a good idea too. It might be tough to get people organized, but it would be kind of cool to do like "boot camp" drills, line up 5 snipers and have them repeatedly try to hit the other team running from point to point, bunny hopping here or there, in the cockpit of hovering choppers, in the drivers seat of moving transports, etc.

Comment

Originally posted by Slugfly
                            that's a good idea too. It might be tough to get people organized, but it would be kind of cool to do like "boot camp" drills, line up 5 snipers and have them repeatedly try to hit the other team running from point to point, bunny hopping here or there, in the cockpit of hovering choppers, in the drivers seat of moving transports, etc.
                            Thats exactly what I did.

Comment

I have a good aim, even more with the mouse I have, but sometimes I have my crosshair right over thier face and it still misses. Most of the time its other snipers who arent even moving around but at times I seem to hit running people easier. Wierd

Comment

Working...
                              X