Commanding

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Commanding

So, I was playing on a EF 16 player server, and the round went for a long while, but it had a time limit, 30 minutes. So I was Commander of EF team since im trying to get 100 BR for EF but im finding it hard as rounds end fast. So I spotted constantly, dropped vehicles, supplies. UAV'd constantly and artied areas of enemies. So we won and I got 42 points which came to 84 with the X2 for Commander. I got the gold but I can't seem to get 100 points fast enough. Is there anyway to get Commander points faster? a shortcut or something?

Re: Commanding

I don't believe so as the commander score is just an Average of everyone on your team.

Comment

Just make sure you have a good team and good squad system set up. I hate it when one player gets a lot of points and everyone else gets like 4 points or somewhere in the negatives, so my final score turns out to be like 20. . .

Comment

100 Best Round, not points in a round. You are already at 83 and only require 17 more (if we are talking about the EF medal). by averages you should be at 96 when your 50 hours has transpired (for the medal).

The best way to get more points as commander is to have less people on the server. The minimum required (at 1.3) for ranking is 10. For every point someone gets (if you have five guys on your side) you get 1/5 (if the point earned is done while five guys are on the side). With limited players, the tickets available transmit to points so that barring the time, you could get as much as 1.6 times the normal points you experience. This goes up if you go to larger population servers with low amounts of people in the server.

Simon

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
          100 Best Round, not points in a round. You are already at 83 and only require 17 more (if we are talking about the EF medal). by averages you should be at 96 when your 50 hours has transpired (for the medal).
          Im at 83, but thats not the point I need 100 in a round. 83 is my current best, but I need to play a round and get 100 in it. You kind of lost me on that paragraph.

Comment

only because my understanding of Best Round was entirely wrong. I just got a PM explaining it. Sorry . Disregard my initial math on the best round, but my generalization of more points for command holds true.

Simon

Comment

If you can cap all the flags and kill the enemies so that the round ends before the tickets expire, you get a lot more points than what's shown on the scoreboard (before the round ends). The scores for your team will go up if this happens. I'm not sure of the logistics or formulae, anyone know?

If wrong, I'll delete. But I am quite sure this happens.

Comment

The trick to getting high command scores is to have a good team over all. Not just a couple of hotshots doing all the work. This brings up the average score. Since on most servers you are way more likely to have a few skilled players and a bunch of average/sub-average, you can bend matters a little.

Identify who the top scorers are on your team, then avoid giving them too much support. Save your UAVs for covering places that are being attacked by your less than stellar players. Try to avoid teams with super skilled planewhores and try to get armour whoring spread out amoungst the groundpounders.

Limit the amount of artillery and other kills/point you make personally. Any points you score are wasted since they aren't added to your team's average. You want your boys to score as many points as possible.

Now try winning that way. It's tricky.
                Don't sacrafice your team's ability to win just because you are going after a personal goal. It makes people rather ticked off.

Originally posted by davelisowski
                If you can cap all the flags and kill the enemies so that the round ends before the tickets expire, you get a lot more points than what's shown on the scoreboard (before the round ends). The scores for your team will go up if this happens. I'm not sure of the logistics or formulae, anyone know?

If wrong, I'll delete. But I am quite sure this happens.
                Um... yer wrong.
                Cap-outs always result in a lower score for everyone involved 'cause you haven't used up all the enemy tickets. Any leftovers could have been kills (points) for your boys, but have been wasted since the round ended early.

Thanks for reminding me of another (somewhat dirty) "tactic" for boosting command score tho. If your team gets all the flags, DO NOT point out any enemy survivers. Let 'em cap a flag back. This will give your grunts a chance to make more kills... and if you're luck they'll have that flag surrounded by the time the entire enemy team spawn in and you'll have a nice little slaughter on your hands.

I've gone so far as to request that my team NOT attempt to take the last flag... just surround it and kill anything that moves. Yeah... it was nasty, but the team loved the chance for extra killage.

Comment

Since the commander score is based on the "average" of your team's score, the best to do is to find a server with few players: it will last longer [more time to accumulate points] and fewer players means more score for the commander per point.

Comment

Also, use arty only when your team is getting wiped and they desperately need the support. for example, if your team is surrounded, but are large or skilled enough to fight off the enemies, let them handle it. Give them UAV, but don't have them evacuate so you can get the enemies with arty. Give support crates to lone snipers or ambushers, not huge groups. This lets the medics/support in the large groups get ammo giving/heal points, but on the other hand, snipers and spec ops can't heal themselves or give themselves ammo, so giving them supplies prolongs their usefulness. Finally, if your assets are taken out, use your supply crate drops on the UAV first so you can give your team the support it needs fast, then use it on the scan, and finally the arty. Of course it's always better if you have somebody manually repair the supplies, so if ou have a hardcore point whore, convince him to do that. Hope it helps.

Comment

A few times I ruthlessly retain the assets away from the top dogs and let the puppies enjoy the support as they grow in Infantry.

You wont believe the massive increase in points as a Commander.

Most of the posters above had good tatics as a Commander. Battles are dynamic and managing your points... err.. team is constant. With a very small number of people in a big map a commander can leave and have lunch, come back to the game while it's half finished with at least 50.

I like to engage in combat and it helps alot towards the final score.

Comment

Originally posted by Heavy552(AWG)

I like to engage in combat and it helps alot towards the final score.
                        When playing as Commander, the only points you get are based on points everyone else in your team gets. If you kill someone, you do not get any points. If you revive or heal someone, you get no points, and so on. What you are doing though is taking away those potential points from someone in your team.

You end up getting LESS commander points if you go out and engage in combat, so your total score is LESS.

The only time this may not be quite accurate is if you personally can turn the tide and change a loosing side into a winning side. While you will not get any points for doing that, your Commander score is doubled since you won.

Comment

Working...
                        X