OMG! PlaneWhore hacks!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• OMG! PlaneWhore hacks!

Well, for one round at least. I'm one of the unlucky individuals who has one of those bad 7 series EVGA cards. I'm waiting for an Cross-ship RMA to arrive but this card is still somewhat playable in the meantime aside from the lock-ups and weird graphical glitches that pop up every few games.

Well, normally these glitches just look stupid and are nothing more than problematic, but then I got the ultimate card error.. well it's difficult to explain so just look for yourself:

I could only grab one screenshot, and this isn't even the worst. Karkand was SO bright it was ridiculous, it looked like a spotlight was shining down around me. As a result of this glitch nothing could hide from the gun of my APC and I ended the round with almost 70 kills. I of course restarted to get rid of it.. but WTF Nvidia/EVGA.. turning me in to a hacker!

Re: OMG! PlaneWhore hacks!

That just looks like low settings with no low lights and shadows...

Comment

You lack some textures there.
      Since you're having that in other games to I would also say it's the card (Vram).

But why do you say "bad 7 EVGA" series.

I have a EVGA myself and that card is beautiful.

So whats the story behind that?

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
        That just looks like low settings with no low lights and shadows...What's up with the thread title? Grow up.
        What's with the title? It's a parody of very well known http://pwned.nl/... you idiot. Furthermore don't open your mouth unless you have something constructive to say, nobody forced you to view this thread troll. And this looks absolutely nothing like low lighting. I've played on low lighting, so I'd know. The textures around me were at what seemed to be the maximum level of brightness, however the lighting was uneffected on the player models thus created quite a bit of light/dark contrast and making it very easy to spot other players.

Originally posted by step2ice
        You lack some textures there.
        Since you're having that in other games to I would also say it's the card (Vram).

I have a EVGA myself and that card is beautiful.

EVGA forums will give you all the reading you need on this particular issue that effects the 7600-7900 series cards. EVGA isn't particularly forthcoming on the exact root of the issue many are experiencing (most assume it's related to the memory), but they've assured people on the forums that they've resolved this particular flaw with the newest batch of cards.

Comment

that sucks man, i'm using a 6600GT made by EVGA with no probs at all. good luck getting a new card.

Comment

Ha! I didnt even realize the thread was actually written by Planewhore....I thought someone was just trying to get people in here cause of the title...(+1 Stupidity)

Comment

helps to read things properly modmaven..

ah well.

i get the same, with an nvidia x300.

Comment

I had the same stuff when I had major GFX card cooling issues.

Comment

Ha! I didnt even realize the thread was actually written by Planewhore....I thought someone was just trying to get people in here cause of the title...(+1 Stupidity)
                  Heh, I thought the "stupid title" comment was a little on the harsh side.

Originally posted by 'Chris_Redfield
                  I had the same stuff when I had major GFX card cooling issues.
                  It might be a hot component on the card but most certainly not the GPU. The GPU runs at 47c idle and barely gets to 58c under a full load.

Not ragging on EVGA either, they are a great company with a great product and very good customer support. As my score started rising that particular round I wondered what the admins might think if they decided to take a PB screenshot, as a 140 score is anything but common on a 13 minute round of Karkand.

I can't wait for my RMA to arrive so I can get rid of this crap, but in the meantime I'll induldge in the once in a while Nvidia haxor mode.

Comment

I see someone is jeolous of Planewhore's 1337 skills. I've played against him several times, I've even watched him while on the other team (press 'C' while on his team, then switch sides while still viewing him), and I never saw him cheat or appear to cheat for the last few months.

Heck I've learned alot watching him and his videos. You should learn from him and maybe you'll be a better pilot one day.

Comment

That just looks like low settings with no low lights and shadows...
                      i have everything on low and it doesnt look like that. but it sure looks wierd and cleaner. its easier to shoot with a cleaner environment i guess. as in the human shape will be easier to spot in such a bright and clean area. yup, looks like a hack to me. lol!

Comment

Wow, Harmor, you didn't read the name of the thread starter, either, did you?
                        No one is jealous (at least not openly in this thread,) PlaneWhore was joking about a glitch he's experienced.

Comment

Just a thought, I was having some pretty strange things happening to my system a few weeks ago. I found out that Windows XP and Service Pack 2 had some driver assignment issues. The last critical update whacked my driver assignments. I tracked down a few articles and it seems that this is a common theme. I updated my BIOS and then manually updated all of my drivers and have not had any more problems with BF2 or any other application.

Hope this helps!

Comment

Originally posted by step2ice

Correction. He said "bad 7 series EVGA card", meaning he got a bad card from the 7th series, and not that all cards from the 7 series are bad. Please... do something about that.. lack of reading skill or whatever it is you have.

Comment

Originally posted by extremepilot
                              lack of reading skill or whatever it is you have.
                              If you would have looked a few postings above you would have noticed that my question is already answered, in a polite way though.

So, speaking of reading skills...

Comment

Working...
                              X