Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Last night I got to actually play in a SQUAD

and it was so awesome!!!

I don't mean that I just joined a squad, I mean that my whole squad communicated with each other, thought of plans and strategies, supported each other, took orders (and asked for orders) from the commander... In other words, we weren't just a bunch of people with a mobile spawn point, we were a real squad! My points shot way up for the session (I won't embarrass myself by telling you what "way up" means) and it was perhaps the most exciting game session I've had yet in BF2. I've had streaks of good kills, and I've had streaks of spawn-die-spawn-die-etc. And the good streaks usually go unnoticed and the bad streaks leave me frustrated. But last night even though if I were to compare battlerecorder vids with a week ago there might not be much of a difference, the feeling was so much more intense, even the spawn-die-spawn-die streaks were fun as hell. Our squad defended a flag for like 10 minutes (felt like 30) on a 64 person map against an endless onslaught of attackers... My average life expectancy was 30 or 45 seconds, but I loved it!

Go squads go!!!

On a related note... what the hell is up with "maximum number of squads reached"? Why in every single map are there always 6 guys who think that they're rambo and make one man squads? I realize that if the commander's a potato head that they can milk supply drops and vehicle drops, but do they ever stop to think that it's a team based game?

End rant.

I'm at the point now where I join a squad and if there's no communication in the first 30 seconds I leave the squad. If there are no squads communicating and working together I leave the server and find another. I might spend an hour looking across multiple servers for a squad that works together, but the next hour I spend playing with an actual team will surpass in quality (many many times over) the two hours I might have been playing as a lone wolf with a mobile spawn point.

Go squads go!!

Re: Last night I got to actually play in a SQUAD

wtf kinda servers do you play in? join a good server kid.

Comment

Thats what BF2 was made for........exactly, what you expierenced. Thats the who, what, and why, DICE made BF2.
      It is extremely FUN to work as a squad. And it is EXTREMELY fun for the enemy as well, to have a formidiable opponant, one that can fight you back and then maybe gain another inch. While they are doing the same.

Its a good thing.
      Just a shame its the growing number, (or dying number of legit, gamers) of macro users, dolphin divers, and ........well all those other dimwitted lames of the game...........now if they would either go back to counterstrike, or.......play the game DICE style, or for a better word, TEAMWORK STYLE, man..............

Comment

This one man squad thing is a rare phenomena? (and I resent being called kid... I'm probably old enough to date your mom)

Comment

Join a clan m8! There you can feel the pleasure of teamplay and fun!

Comment

aye... Clans... You see, I'm an expat in Asia. This means that on most servers my ping is ENORMOUS!!! And on my low ping servers nobody speaks English. Fortunately the guys I was in a squad with the last few nights are also expats in Asia... only an hour or so from my house actually. So, I'm hoping that if I can gather enough English speaking expats in Korea that we can make a clan ourselves. (hint hint, anyone here live in Korea?)

Comment

I'm sorry that it took you so long to experience this, but you're absolutely right - a good squad is what makes the game.

I've started doing what you do as well - I join a squad, see if they're communicating, if they're not I try to force it, but if nothing happens I'm out of there.

Comment

Unfortunately the ole one man squad is quite a common thing (at least on pubs).
                You don't HAVE to join a clan to have fun, but find a couple of servers where you have the best squadwork going on and have them as your favourites. I'm in a clan now but before that I sort of gravitated to their server because it was the most fun for me, then one day I got invited to join cos they had noticed me coming back all the time. By then I was on speaking terms with most of the clan and decided to try it out. To be honest mate, its been thoroughly enjoyable ever since

Comment

omg u lie . . . lol no one plays in squads its a MITH . . . .. . lol

Comment

Originally posted by HowieMandel
                    Thats what BF2 was made for........exactly, what you expierenced. Thats the who, what, and why, DICE made BF2.
                    It is extremely FUN to work as a squad. And it is EXTREMELY fun for the enemy as well, to have a formidiable opponant, one that can fight you back and then maybe gain another inch. While they are doing the same.

Its a good thing.
                    Just a shame its the growing number, (or dying number of legit, gamers) of macro users, dolphin divers, and ........well all those other dimwitted lames of the game...........now if they would either go back to counterstrike, or.......play the game DICE style, or for a better word, TEAMWORK STYLE, man..............
                    I've played both CS and BF extensively, and I have to say teamwork is more important for CS. CS is all about aim, knowing the map, and turning your headphones volume way up. In BF2 you can survive on your own well by using your head. Things are more complicated so you can take advantage of that. You can't just stand on a crate with your one-shot-kill script packed boom cannon pointed at a door.

Comment

Working...
                    X