Patch failed ?!?!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Patch failed ?!?!

when i try to install Special Forces it say ''patch failed'' at the 1.1 update.... anyone can help me ?

Re: Patch failed ?!?!

Welcome to the forums. I have a question, why are you using the 1.1# patch?

Install order is as follows:
    BF2>SF>EF>AF>FULL 1.3>(FULL 1.4b if you want to beta test)

Comment

well... i dont wanna use it...it install itself when i want to install sf right after i enter the cd key

Comment

That's patch 1.22 I think.

Disable antivirus/spyware before you install.

Try installing in safe-mode.

Comment

Dedadu, you're having the same problem I did. God help you that it isn't the same problem I had, or you're in for some rough times. Did you try to install Special Forces after say, 1.2 or 1.3 patch? Anyway, try these steps to remove Battlefield 2 from your system completely, then you can give the install another try =)

(1) You'll need to uninstall BF2 first. I'm sure you know how to do this
          (2) Go to "Start" > "Run" > and type "Regedit" - this loads up the system registry, where the programs that are installed on your system are 'registered' surprisingly enough. Sometimes, there will be registry entries left over after an uninstall, which can cause problems. At this point, it would be wise to back-up your existing registry so that it can be restored if there are any problems. But there shouldn't be =) To back-up your registry, click "File" > "Export", and ensure that "Export Range" is set to "All".
          (3) Once you've backed up the registry, it's time to have a peek at what's in there. On the left pane, navigate to "HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE" > "SOFTWARE". This is where all the software you've installed is registered on the system. Find "EA Games" and under there you'll see the EA Games you've installed. Right-click on "Battlefield 2" and "Battlefield 2: Special Forces" and click "delete". IF YOU'VE INSTALLED THE 1.3 PATCH, you'll need to find a registry entry called "My company name", and delete that. Also, if the "DICE" folder is still there, get rid of any Battlefield 2 entries under that folder. Also, in the left pane, click the cross next to "Microsoft", then "CurrentVersion", "Uninstall". Right-click on the key named "{04858915-9F49-4B2A-AED4-DC49A7DE6A7B}" and choose "Delete".
          Then, right-click on the key named "{50D4CB89-AF34-4978-96DC-C3034062E901}" and choose "Delete".
          (4) Go to "My Documents", and find "Battlefield 2". Delete that. It'll delete your profiles from your computer, so make sure you know your username/e-mail and password for BF2 for when you reinstall it.
          (5) Next you need to get rid of all the temporary files. I recommend doing it manually - the Windows disk cleanup doesn't always get everything (I put this down to Windows making sure you keep your Windows disk when Windows needs it's annual reinstall or whatever, but meh, that's my paranoia for you). Open up "Run" again, and type "Temp". Select all of the files, and press "Delete". If some of them are in use, don't worry, just select all the ones that aren't in use. Next, it's time to delete your logon-specific temporary files. Open up "Run" once more, and type "C:\Documents and Settings\<Your Windows User Name>\Local Settings\Temp". Once here, select all the files and press "Delete". Again, leave all the ones that are in use.

Okay, that should have completely removed BF2 from your system. Give the reinstallation a bash now. But do it in this order, as taken from EA's F.A.Q:

BF2 > Special Forces Expansion > 1.3 Full Patch > Euro Forces > 1.3 Patch > Armoured Fury > 1.3 Patch > Prawn some noobehs lawl ftw?!?!1onetwo

I think it's a shame EA outsourced the patch installation to some crappy company with little experience in patching games. That's why it's not under "EA Games" in the registry. EA has some serious issues to address for people with BF2 Related problems. They're happy to take your money off of you, but when it comes to helping you, they're too busy coming up with the next Battlefield game. Meh.

Comment

Thx it worked. I still had the ''patching failed'' error but the installation started after

Comment

Working...
            X