I only get the BF2 pre-loading screen

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I only get the BF2 pre-loading screen

Hey Colonel Stump here. I cant get my BF2 to run. When i try to start it up, I get the little BF2 preloading screen (it only takes up 1/2 the screen) then nothing else happens. Ive tried to get EA's help (they suck) and ive asked a couple of members but no success. Ive reinstalled 3 times. I have the full 1.3 patch not incremental, and my pc can handle BF2 easily (it has b4). I also have scanned for viruses/spyware/ spam etc. and nothing is wrong with that. If anyone could help me it would be great. Thanks.

Re: I only get the BF2 pre-loading screen

umm yeh did u delete the bf2 cache. if not then do it. and oh try defraging. thts all i can say. hope i helped!!!

Comment

The above advice will help with in-game performance but not your problem, what was the last thing you did before it stopped working?

Comment

it gave me a 'invalid cd key' message. So then I restarted my pc and all of this garbage started up. O and i got it to work once and then i went to sleep. The next day... all over again. I'm going to reinstall windows XP and see if that does anything. Ill let you guys no if something comes up. Thanks

Comment

If you get Invalid CD-Key, this should help, a lot!

Comment

Try Cypher Zanthi's tip, failing that I'd reinstall windows.

Comment

Its not a CD Key problem anymore. And my pc is taking forever to reinstall windows (this is my laptop) So when its done ill check to see if it works and keep posting.

Comment

HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL LLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLLL YEA!!! finally got it to work. Thanks to all the guys that help and thanks to all the guys who wanted to but didnt do much and thanks to all of those who wanted to help but were to lazy to post, and last but not least thanks to all those who didnt even care to try to help. lol :P Nah jk Thanks a lot guys.

Comment

Originally posted by Colonel_Stump
                  it gave me a 'invalid cd key' message. So then I restarted my pc and all of this garbage started up. O and i got it to work once and then i went to sleep. The next day... all over again. I'm going to reinstall windows XP and see if that does anything. Ill let you guys no if something comes up. Thanks
                  I have the EXACT same problem. I hadn't played in about 1 week then i loaded the game...map started loaded then i got the 'invalid cd key' error. So of course I thought it was a glitch and reloaded BF2, now I just get the same thing, initial start-up screen (small title) starts but BF2 does not.

The wierd this is the game is showing up in my process on my task manager as using 50% of my CPU. The only program I have loaded since I last played was PowerISO and i thought with all the anti pirate stuff going on this was seen as "bad" program. Sooooo I uninstalled PowerISO AND BF2 then reinstalled BF2...

I reciently reformated my harddrive and I am a tech so I know nothing with my system has become unstable in the last week or two. Also I played for 1 or 2 nights with my new reformatted system and 1.3 installed.

Now im not sure where to go, I did the PW fix and I think it worked but its hard to tell since my game wont launch.

/some guy NOT playing BF2

Comment

Since nobody here replyed and neither did EA, I guess i just cant play BF2 and I now have a $60 coaster?

i do not think it fair to expect me to reformat my PC to get a game working..

grrr

Comment

Originally posted by savethehumans
                      Since nobody here replyed and neither did EA, I guess i just cant play BF2 and I now have a $60 coaster?

i do not think it fair to expect me to reformat my PC to get a game working..

grrr
                      Calm down dude. Did you try the tips listed in this thread? Dont expect people to respond to one of your queries when its halfway through someone else's topic, post your own if you really need the help.

Oh, and with you being upset at it not being fair to reformat you PC to get it working, welcome to the world of BF2. I have formatted windows 3 times in the last year on the back of this game.

Comment

Working...
                      X