Gunning In Dragon Valley

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gunning In Dragon Valley

Ok, well I posted this in the DICE forums but its yet to be posted so I will post it here cause I think I have a valid argument.

Is it just me, or is it almost impossible to be a gunner in dragon valley? The brightness and glare is so much that I can barely see my crosshairs when I'm trying to shoot a hostile slick or enemy tank. I always play this map with the same helicopter pilot, me always gunning, and I get the same problem. So for a change he tried gunning once, and had the same problem. Ive talked to about 5 more people that have experienced the issue. I dont know about the others, but I run all my settings in High.

Has this happened to you? Feedback...Thanks (If the issue exists with a fair amount of people maybe we could work so this can get fixed?)

Re: Gunning In Dragon Valley

I only have problems shooting something in the sky (white crosshairs, white sky..makes sense).....but I've never noticed a problem going air to ground.

Comment

Once you get good enough with TV missiles, you'll get a good feel for where the crosshair is without seeing it. If I can get decent performance on DV with fraps on, I'll make my second soloing video for everyone to get an idea of how it can be done.

Trust me, it's hard to gun on that map, but once you can do it, everyone else bites the dust.

Comment

Originally posted by Sloi
        Once you get good enough with TV missiles, you'll get a good feel for where the crosshair is without seeing it. If I can get decent performance on DV with fraps on, I'll make my second soloing video for everyone to get an idea of how it can be done.

Trust me, it's hard to gun on that map, but once you can do it, everyone else bites the dust.
        so you're saying to make a little x on your screen with a magic marker ?

Comment

rotfl...A custom made crosshair works well, but it doesnt appear in TV Missiles (unless u did make it with a magic marker :laugh: )

Comment

yoo sac town:laugh:

dude gain height, be above other choppers so u can see ground behind\below them...... not the sky

and listen to what sloi said

Comment

ok guys, disregard this :cry:

Comment

Originally posted by Sacramento
                ok guys, disregard this :cry:
                y its not hard to gun on dragon valley

Comment

Originally posted by =PSU=PJMAK1
                  y its not hard to gun on dragon valley
                  It's half and half, 50/50 you can gun well when the chopper pilot is facinf the nose down and when he goes above the 50% level you can't see.

Comment

Originally posted by scarywoody
                    so you're saying to make a little x on your screen with a magic marker ?
                    but with the crosshair moving in TV missle view, it wouldn't help.

Comment

When starting out gunning on dragon valley hold tab for a second or two when you lose your crosshair, it makes the crosshair stand out bright as day. Like Sloi said once you get use to it you don't even have to bother doing the above.

Comment

Originally posted by Sacramento
                        Ok, well I posted this in the DICE forums but its yet to be posted so I will post it here cause I think I have a valid argument.

Is it just me, or is it almost impossible to be a gunner in dragon valley? The brightness and glare is so much that I can barely see my crosshairs when I'm trying to shoot a hostile slick or enemy tank. I always play this map with the same helicopter pilot, me always gunning, and I get the same problem. So for a change he tried gunning once, and had the same problem. Ive talked to about 5 more people that have experienced the issue. I dont know about the others, but I run all my settings in High.

Has this happened to you? Feedback...Thanks (If the issue exists with a fair amount of people maybe we could work so this can get fixed?)
                        Yes this has happened to me a few times. This is why i stick to Daqing oilfields for gunning and just pilot through most of the other chopper maps.

But yeah, the brightness messes up the crosshair especially when your in the TV guided missle screen.

Comment

It's not that hard when you're used to it. Use tab if you're completely lost, or to finetune your missile in flight. I like the sky, it's unique and makes Dragon Valley a challenge unlike most of the other maps.
                          Only downside, helo duels usually end up in heaven.
                          That and the sky is hardly ever that bright in China

Comment

dragon valley tv guiding seperates the wanna-be's from the gunners.

Comment

Originally posted by saltburn
                              dragon valley tv guiding seperates the wanna-be's from the gunners.
                              I bet that line get's you tons of chicks huh?

Comment

Working...
                              X