Install wont work again

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install wont work again

Hi, a while ago i posted about my installation messing up, but i dont remember any one replying.

when i got the game, the installation kept on freezing. my dad updated the NVIDIA driver and the windows xp and restarted the computer, and it worked.
    i uinstalled it cause i messed the game up, and now the instal.ation keeps on freezing and i have to push the reset/off button or turn off the power.

anyone knows how to fix this?

Re: Install wont work again

try reinstaling the NVIDIA driver helpd 1st time

Comment

so i should un install nvidia and re install or just update it again?

Comment

i would say upodate thn if tht dont work but iam not 100% tecnical so dont thnk i know wht iam takn about 100% its just wht i would do man

hope u get it sorted soon

Comment

Try the following:

1. uninstall the current drivers
          2. clean up using NVCleaner - Link
          3. Install the newest driver from Nvidia - here

Hope it helps

Comment

I think I faced a similar problem. What happened was when I uninstalled BF2 not all the files were gone so when I tried installing it again it would just freeze on me. Try this, remove every single BF2 file after uninstallion, then reinstall it over again. Make sure your video card is up to date. If u want to kno which files to remove, this is where I got my info: http://support.ea.com/cgi-bin/ea.cfg...p_sid=FftSz5ci

Comment

thanks guys a bunch i will try your ideas and see if they work

EDIT- so when i uninstall NVIDIA and use the cleaner, then should i download the one that supports GeForce FX 5600xt?, cause thats what i have.

also, if i uninstall nvidia completely, should i just re install the update that u linked me, or do i hav to buy a new 1 or something?

Comment

Unless I am mistaking, the problem is bf2 will not reinstall. If this is correct, then why would the video drivers fix the installation?

You need to clean out bf2 from your registry. Do what EA has posted (top 2), then reboot your system and try the reinstall again.

Dont mess with your current video drivers until you get bf2 to install. You probably wont need to mess with them at all.

Comment

well, the first time i installed bf2 i updated the graphics card and the installation worked. dont know why...

well now i just messed up my computer really badly, lol. luckily we have a program called RestoreIT! so im going to restore my comp back 2 days ago when everything was normal and then bf2 install should work. (RestoreIT! is like rewinding time,, only on your computer)

thanks guys

Comment

Windows also comes with a thing Called System Restore....I'd say good look with that RestoreIT! thing because it might take up a lot of HD space (Thats what Windows System Restore Does). But also I I would try a manual install of BF2.

Comment

Working...
                    X