Install - 1.1 Patch Problems

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Install - 1.1 Patch Problems

Here iss the deal, I've been experiencing CTDs since I changed my nVidia forceware drivers 84.21 to 81.98 because I wanted to play SWAT 4 (84.21 gives a mesh effect and generally messes up SWAT 4).

So I figured it was the drivers, so I decided to go on a hunt to see if I could find some drivers that could run both, to no avail (I tried 91.31 beta drivers and XG forceware modded 91.31 drivers with no sucess). So I decided, screw it I want to play some BF2, and went back to 84.21.

I used DC Pro and the correct procedures for uninstalling of drivers btw. I'd also previously installed 1.4(beta) patch into my BF2 without backing BF2 up (for the simple fact that I figured if 1.4b didn't give me CTDs then what is the point in having 1.3 that will CTD when I try to connect).

So I hear you all saying why is this in the SF discussion forum, well I uninstalled BF2. Re-installed Vanilla (no problems), then popped in the SF disk to re-install that, and it gave me this error during the 1.1 patch installation (which happens as a part of BF2:SF Installation): "You have too little space on your harddrive to patch BF2(TM), You need at least 24000MB".

Well I know for fact that I have in excess of 2.4 GB free on my HDD.

I have one SATA HDD (Two partitions Windows on C and everything on F) and one my old IDE drive. My IDE drive does not have BF2 installed although it does have enough room free, my C: driver which does not contain BF2 has 2.67GB free again enough for patching and my F drive has 100GB free.

Any Ideas? Suggestions? Anyone else experienced this?

Re: Install - 1.1 Patch Problems

How much total space do you have on the HD? If you are getting close to the limit you might consider backing up a DVD-Rom full of data. It will give you slightly <5GB.
    I know that any application as resource intensive as BF2 will make any system cry if HD space is in short demand. IF your system has any weaknesses, you can rest assured that BF2 will find them really quickly.

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
      IF your system has any weaknesses, you can rest assured that BF2 will find them really quickly.
      lol, I've got 100GB free. I've sorted the problem mind you thanks for the help anyway, I'll type it up here incase anyone else has the same problem and find this thread.

This the process I went through: Install BF2->Patch to 1.3->Install SF (got the same error when it tried to patch but it carried on with the install).

So in conclusion, just patch it to 1.3 before you install SF if your having similar problems.

Comment

Hi, I have the same problem with the error re disk space. But how do you make it continue. Mine simply closes the install box.

Cheers

Biggs

Comment

Recently I've reinstalled BF2 - I've installed BF2, patched to 1.4.

Today I was trying to install SF, it said it's patching to 1.1, but then I got an error that I've got not enough disk space (and it means the disk space on your system partition, not the one where you've got BF2). I clicked OK and the installation carried on. However, when I tried to start the game, I got this error: ERROR!.

I tried to do something with it, I unpacked the shaders_client.zip to the directory where it wanted the files, everything looked OK, but then i got this modified content error.

Someone had a laugh typing that error message BTW :P

Comment

Originally posted by Unfocused
            However, when I tried to start the game, I got this error: ERROR!.

I tried to do something with it, I unpacked the shaders_client.zip to the directory where it wanted the files, everything looked OK, but then i got this modified content error.

Someone had a laugh typing that error message BTW :P
            You should check this thread it should have the answers to your problem, and yeah I love that error message

Comment

Working...
            X