Mashtuur city - strategies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Mashtuur city - strategies?

I have been playing BF2 for awhile, and I have never really played this map. Anyone got some cool strategies for this one? I only play 16 player maps so do yu have any 16 player map strats for mashtuur city

Re: Mashtuur city - strategies?

you can check out

Comment

If i'm sniper...i'll claymore the 'power plant' ctrl-point exits and then get up on the bridge where you are untouchable...I usually get about 5-10 kills a round with 0 deaths...but it is a patient task that can be a lil boring.
      TBH i don't play the map too often.

Comment

Have a heli drop you off on the hotel roof, and pray that arty doesn't it you. Also to counter this, have a heli drop you off on the roof, put C4 there, then parachute down and wait a safe distance away. When a heli drops off enemies at the roof, blow the C4.

Comment

Originally posted by BioDiaperX
          Have a heli drop you off on the hotel roof, and pray that arty doesn't it you. Also to counter this, have a heli drop you off on the roof, put C4 there, then parachute down and wait a safe distance away. When a heli drops off enemies at the roof, blow the C4.
          there isnt a heli on a 16 player map right? and I got a random question

if your a commander and you die can you still do like uavs and stuff?

Comment

Oh 16 player. . . I dunno, sorry. There might be but I've only played 32 and 64 sized Mash.

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
              If i'm sniper...i'll claymore the 'power plant' ctrl-point exits and then get up on the bridge where you are untouchable...I usually get about 5-10 kills a round with 0 deaths...but it is a patient task that can be a lil boring.
              TBH i don't play the map too often.
              Is there music that play on that bridge I snipe there occasionaly, but I can't help to notice some weird sound, it's music to me, so peacful. I claymore the stairs and pick off retarded MEC's/USMC's that stand around waiting for something (I usually think they're looking for snipers and give up on looking.)

Comment

Originally posted by Alm()nd J()y
                Is there music that play on that bridge I snipe there occasionaly, but I can't help to notice some weird sound, it's music to me, so peacful. I claymore the stairs and pick off retarded MEC's/USMC's that stand around waiting for something (I usually think they're looking for snipers and give up on looking.)
                I dont know, but there is music of a band playing on the 2nd level of the building you can go inside at the hotel spawn point, as for helis in 16 size maps, there are none.

Comment

Originally posted by Blackhawk5
                  I dont know, but there is music of a band playing on the 2nd level of the building you can go inside at the hotel spawn point, as for helis in 16 size maps, there are none.
                  Yeah, I did some precission nade throwing up there. I lvoe flocks of medics. I killed like 7 - 8 people .

Comment

There's a little round oil-tower thing outside the power plant. If you get on top of it it's a great spot for support and AT to intercept tanks/HMMWVs or troops going to the power plant. I got a lot of kills just sitting up there.

Comment

most important factor for this map is to have control of the bottom 2 flags. do this and your almost guaranteed a victory. (powerplant bottom left and backyard bottom right) each bottom flags spawns a tank. however they only spawn depending on what side you are when u have control. the bottom left flag ONLY spawns a tank when MEC have control. the bottom right for USMC. if either faction have control of the others flag no tank will spawn in that spot. not even the army that has control.

so if you are USMC and u have both bottom flags regardless of the rest of the flags u will have one tank spawn and the other team will have none. the tank is a huge difference in this map as most people really hate to go AT for this map for obvious reasons.

generally what i do when i start this map, if i have loaded in (2 seconds load. 6 seconds verify) im virtually always first in, is i go engineer to start head to backyard (usmc) cap the flag grab the tank then motor to the other bottom flag kill the 1 or 2 guys that are usually there at that point trying to cap then take the flag and the rest is history. also being in a tank on mashtuur is pretty simple as an engineer, if an at guy hits you its cake to just swing behind a building or 2 repair up then go back into the fight.

on the other hand if your not the first to load in or the map has restarded without loading the best strategy here is to go for THE OTHER teams bottom flag right away. generally a few of your guys will go to your tank spawn to cap it. if you head to their bottom flag asap and take their players out usually via vehicle (people that just spawn on mashtuur are rarely capable of taking vehicles out) and cap that flag they are out a tank and your team has just gained one. (u just dont get to drive it)

just MAKE SURE YOUR TEAM HOLDS THEIR BOTTOM FLAG. too many noobs head right for the mosque at the beginning of the round, or if im heading in a full jeep to their bottom spawn usually everyone will jump out leaving me to deal with the hostiles at their flag myself, cuz they try to take the mosque.

this should be all the info u need. this has worked wonders for me, rarely do i lose a mashtuur map (even with a very ****ty team) and ive upped me kill streak about 6 times in the last 2 weeks using this strategy, tank whoring while they got no tank. enjoy

Comment

Sydus, you are probably referring to the 32 player map, in 16 players map tank and APC spawn together at the starting Control Points.
                        This map is done for rushing, concentrate your main attack to the opponent main base and a small squad of two men to disturb the enemy triing to do the same thing to you. Leave the tank in defensive position.
                        If your opponent is thougher than you expected, guard the brdges and mantain him in ticket bleed.

Comment

Working...
                        X