X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• [MyIS]Spetsnaz should be fired.

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spetsnaz
    Twisted-:
    1) I was not "busted" playing on a knife/pistol server.
    2) We do not censor/ban anyone who doesn't violate our forum rules.

I figured this would come up, so I'll address the issue here.

I recieved an email today from EA games entitled "BF2 support account action":

I'm sure some of you have been interested to see what this email looks like, so here you are. The main point of the above essay is:

The reason my stats were wiped was because I liked to play on the High Points servers. I began playing on these servers increasingly every since the new patch was released. Before, I used to play on the [TC] (Total Clan) server 5 or so times a week (they can attest to this, so just ask them).

Once the new patch was released, the 24/7 Karkand servers started to crash like nothing I've ever seen. The bug was prevailent across all platforms (as far as I'm aware). This means that getting through 2 rounds of a 24/7 Karkand server was a real pain, so I found my solution: High Points servers.

High Points servers are called that because they are normally servers that have a 64 size map, but 16 players. Normally I hated this because I thought it would be hard to find a fight. In actuality, these servers were pretty cool! The people playing were more kicked back than those of the normal servers. You normally saw a "gg" after every round, which was nice. The best part though... the servers rarely ever crashed and sitting through loading screens wasn't an issue.

Because High Points servers had such a large map but few players, they last approximately 4 times longer than the rest. This is why they are called "High Points", because you can score an upward of 120 points per round. My highest was 285 if I remember correctly.

Anyhoo, if you break 285/4 you get 71.85. My average score (as of recent) in a 64/64 player server was around 80 points or so... that's on a good day. Then again, I can only get 285 on a good day on the High Points server. My average on the high points server would probably be around 130, which divided by 4 is around 32.5 points per round -- which seems pretty standard.

Most people on High Points servers get 100 points or less, so it all evens out that they get LESS points by playing on High Points servers. The only advantage is that the servers last longer, so getting the "In A Round" badges become easier.

Now that I've explained why I played on the High Points server (which, as you noticed, has NOTHING to do with getting more points), a little more explanation on the Knife/Pistol accusations.

A few members that -love- spreading controversy and drama, whose names I won't mention here, have managed to successfully follow me around and took some screenshots of me in the K.O.S server (a really cool clan BTW, i love those guys). The server name went something along the lines of:

"24/7 Karkand HIGH POINTS"

Somehow, some people decided that it's a knife/pistol only server -- which it is not. First of all, I think Pistol/Knife only is stupid. I like sniping and always have like sniping -- and as my sig says, I'm the sniper extraordinaire. Pistol/Knife only is no fun, so I have no reason to be there. And seeing as I could care less about my stats or badges, pistol/knife servers don't interest me at all.

So to repeat for those that didn't get:

I have NEVER played on a pistol/knife server and NEVER WILL play on a pistol knife server.

When I posted this in some other thread, no one responded (of course) because I casually pointed out how many knife/pistol kills I have and how much time I've spent with them (pistol was round 8 hours and knife was halfway less I believe).

Someone brought up that I had 1,100+ pistol kills. To clarify that, any decent sniper will tell you that the pistol is the #1 tool when you're using the M24, L96A1 or the M95. The pistol maneuver is simple:

You snipe them once in the body with the rifle (easy shot) and then finish them off with 2 pistol rounds. The game mechanics work in such a way that the pistol is able to kill at HUGE ranges, so it's as if you're using a semi-automatic rifle at that point. This is why I have so many pistol kills, because many of my kills are pistol related.

The next complain was my explosives kills. I have no idea how this relates to the pistol/knife, but I'll still mention that I had thousands of those kills because I use claymores regularly (i'm a sniper, after all ).

That's about it. The only reason I'm even defending myself here is my respect for my fellow players. I love this game and love the little record keeping I can do for myself with the stats.

If you don't believe, I could care less at this point. I play this game for fun and only for fun. I don't care about stats, I don't care about score.

I had fun playing on a High Points server, I got my stats wiped for it. Big woop. I'll just start over and my K/D ratio will be better than ever (check it now, it's not that bad! ).

There are a few in this community that know me, played with me, understood how I play and used it to kick my ass into next Sunday. Those people know that I don't cheat, never have cheated and never will cheat. I just play too darn much! hehe.

What I don't understand is when the Battlefield community became so bitter. Just a few hours ago, I was in a server and got banned for cheating. Apparently I crossed their "headshot threshold" or something. Everyone jumps to accuse someone of something. For example:

Tank Whore
    Plane Whore
    APC Whore
    Nade Whore
    NoobToober
    Bunny Hopper
    Aimbot
    Dolphin Diver
    Exploiter (such a loose term, used for everything really)
    *insert some custom cheat they just came up with in their head*
    .. the list goes on and on and on and on ..

So anyway, I'm sorry if I offended anyone for playing on a High Point server. As you can see, it got me wiped and now I have to start over. I'm not angry about it, nor am I sad about it.

I just want to play the game and have fun. There are enough politics in this business as it is.

/rant
    /confession
    /buzz

[MyIS]Spetsnaz should be fired. He can't be trusted to play a game fairly and I don't trust him developing anything for MyIS, especially if I end up running code that he developed. For all we know he coded his own cheat that PB will never detect. Come to think of it, if spetsnaz is still allowed to work then that severly degrades the credibility of MyIS as a company, especially when they have their hands dipped into BFROE. You don't hire criminals, even virtual criminals.

Re: [MyIS]Spetsnaz should be fired.

For god's sakes. I've refrained from posting in the other threads due to the fact that I know that if I did, I'd probrably go off on one.

For one - Spetsnatz did not hack, glitch or cheat. He went on some high points servers in which they restricted vehicles. This is not "coding his own hack". I don't know who you think you are - MYIS are who run this site, can't you give him and them a little credit ?!

For two - He got his stats reset. He didn't get GUID banned, Hardware banned, his computer taken away, or thrown into jail. It's minor compared to some of the stuff that EA/PB can do.

Three - Just get over it. Stats.... That.... Are.... Not.... Yours.... Got.... Reset....Big whoop!!

Get over it and go crawl under the rock you came from.

Regards,
    HB

Comment

Originally posted by lemonybrainaid
      For god's sakes. I've refrained from posting in the other threads due to the fact that I know that if I did, I'd probrably go off on one.

For one - Spetsnatz did not hack, glitch or cheat. He went on some high points servers in which they restricted vehicles. This is not "coding his own hack". I don't know who you think you are - MYIS are who run this site, can't you give him and them a little credit ?!

For two - He got his stats reset. He didn't get GUID banned, Hardware banned, his computer taken away, or thrown into jail. It's minor compared to some of the stuff that EA/PB can do.

Three - Just get over it. Stats.... That.... Are.... Not.... Yours.... Got.... Reset....Big whoop!!

Get over it and go crawl under the rock you came from.

Regards,
      HB
      Being in the organization that he's in and also being an "elite" BF2 player he knew that "high points" servers were against the rules yet he continued to play on them. Like I said, if he can't be trusted to play a game fairly then he can't be trusted to write code for MyIS. If MyIS is involved with BFROE and spetsnaz works for MyIS then that's like a cop breaking the law and getting away with it. We can't allow someone untrustworthy to create code that we will all run.

Comment

Originally posted by bitvomit
        he knew that "high points" servers were against the rules yet he continued to play on them.
        They are? Since when?

Could you link to where it says this?

Comment

No way. There is nothing wrong with [MyIS]Spetsnaz. I kno he went into a high points server but who hasnt once or twice. Its just sad that some ppl had a grudge against him and followed him around to get his stats reset. A BF2 conspiracy if u will. How would firing [MyIS] make the situation better?

Comment

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

This would include but not limited to:
            § Knife-Pistol-Revive
            § Knife-Pistol only Servers
            § Knife only Servers
            § High Points Servers
            § Infantry only Servers
            § No Artillery or Armour Servers
            § Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points
            § Turning boats upside down and repairing
            § Glitching inside buildings.
            § Modifying game files for vehicles and weapons.
            § Items not included in this list would be up to EA & DICE to interpret.

I have nothing against Spetznaz nor do I really care that he went into a High Points server I have been in a couple myself does that make me a bad person?

Comment

MyIS are only a company providing a service to BF2 players by providing money as they play or something, and they host servers. But I don't think they actually have anything to do with BFROE, or with any anti-cheat network or whatever, so that was his own personal choice, but what he did on BF2 why should it effect what he does as a occupation? if hes helping host servers etc, and in his own free time plays BF2 what does that really have to do with his job?

Comment

Originally posted by slidero
                They are? Since when?

Could you link to where it says this?

§1.8 Players may not use or exploit game mechanisms to artificially boost their score ("stats padding") and Server administrators may not knowingly allow or encourage this activity on their servers.

§ Knife-Pistol-Revive
                § Knife only Servers
                § High Points Servers

Read em.

Originally posted by XRyansXPrivatesX

§ Knife-Pistol-Revive
                § Knife only Servers
                § High Points Servers
                § Infantry only Servers
                § Using Vehicles removed from battlefield for purposes of artificially inflating points

I have nothing against Spetznaz nor do I really care that he went into a High Points server I have been in a couple myself does that make me a bad person?
                You are not in the peculiar position that spetsnaz is in.

Originally posted by EC-Paulus-
                No way. There is nothing wrong with [MyIS]Spetsnaz. I kno he went into a high points server but who hasnt once or twice. Its just sad that some ppl had a grudge against him and followed him around to get his stats reset. A BF2 conspiracy if u will. How would firing [MyIS] make the situation better?
                Why is it sad that some people had a grudge and followed him around to catch him breaching the ROE? It is sad that they had a grudge yes, but if the fruits of that grudge were exposing spetsnaz then that is not sad, that's whistleblowing.

Comment

Originally posted by XRyansXPrivatesX

§ Knife-Pistol-Revive
                  § Knife only Servers
                  § High Points Servers
                  § Infantry only Servers

But that honestly makes no sense.

High points server are just servers that have 64p size maps with 16 players. Sure it "looks" like you can get a lot of points, but flag hopping is actually a terribly way to get points, it takes way too goddamn long and is really boring. So at the end of a "high points" server you might have 100 points, but if the round was an an hour long, you would get an overall SPM of 1.6, which is pretty crappy.

The people who make these rules never play this game. Honestly.

Comment

Welcome to Total Battlefield2!
                    Please review the following rules and regulations before you begin posting on the forums.

2 - Thread Creation.
                    Do not start threads if:
                    -You are simply responding or talking about another thread that has been locked/deleted by a moderator.
                    -You are asking why a previous thread was locked/deleted by a moderator.
                    -You want to inform the world of matters that are completely pointless. (E.g. "I am so drunk. Look at me type while I am drunk.")
                    -You solely want to complain about the behaviour of forum participants or content. In doing so, you are only creating another pointless thread. If you have an issue with someone, please message them and resolve it there.

Comment

As soon as Spetsnaz sees this hes going comment and lock it. Or maybe IndianScount. Either or.

Comment

Now I've already got myself into this argument .. I may aswell finish it.

The high points definition by EA is different to the one that Spetsnatz and many others play on. EA's definition is different to "16 players, 64 maps", meaning that these types of servers are completely and utterly legal.

The reason his stats were wiped was because, like I said before, he was playing on an infantry-only server. NOT because he was playing on a high points server. Gottit?

Also... Who are you, to come onto a [MYIS] website, as a mere member with no authority whatsoever and tell them who they should hire and fire? Do I go to your boss and tell him to fire you because of something you did non-work-related?

As said above, this is Spetsnatz' place of work. Not the battlefield.

Originally posted by bitvomit
                        You are not in the peculiar position that spetsnaz is in.
                        You're the one who's making this situation "peculiar"

Comment

Originally posted by slidero
                          But that honestly makes no sense.

High points server are just servers that have 64p size maps with 16 players. Sure it "looks" like you can get a lot of points, but flag hopping is actually a terribly way to get points, it takes way too goddamn long and is really boring. So at the end of a "high points" server you might have 100 points, but if the round was an an hour long, you would get an overall SPM of 1.6, which is pretty crappy.

The people who make these rules never play this game. Honestly.
                          It doesn't matter what you think about the rules. They are there and they exist and Spetsnaz broke them. He cannot be trusted anymore.

Comment

Dude, get a life.

... and this is coming from someone who plays BF2 6+ hours a day...

Comment

get over it bitvomit.

Nobody is perfect. everyone goes into high points servers because they are more fun. And im pretty sure in the end the high points servers were not deemed against the ROE as long as they didnt enforce vehicle/weapon restrictions.

if he got fired from a real life job/occupation because of something this silly...then MyIS wouldnt be a very good company to work for in the first place.

I would like to know what happened to GameWizard though, ive been away for a bit and i get this random email saying he was banned or something.

Comment

Working...
                              X