Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Hosting a populated server

Originally posted by Fake|Arson
    We have no official server rules, but we don't encourage base rape or teamkilling.
    That's a tad vague. Tk'ing obviously is something not to be encouraged. But either way you slice it, there's a definitive line in the community as far as UCB rules goes, or where other "raping" "spawncamping" rules are concerned.

I don't want to start a whole UCB debate, that's not the point of my post. Either way people like to play is fine. But what a lot of people want, is to know if there is a definate policy on your server either way.

"we don't encourage", is a bit on the ambiguous side.

Personally I expect two things when it comes to raping or UCB rules. There are going to be rules, or there are not.

Some people want to know that there will be rules and they will be inforced, creating a certain gaming experience. Others want to know that there will be none, creating that type of gaming expereince.

I know your probably trying to feel out the community in general and leave all avenues open, and that's good. But when it comes to the these types of rules, generally I like to have a bit more solid of an idea of what the server's gaming philosphy is going to be.

Comment

A good Map rotation.

My server runs Dalian, Karkand, Sharqi, Zatar, Dragon, Daqing, and Kubra, all 32 man and we seem to get a lot of people.

The "pub-killer" map: Clean Sweep. 64 man is kind of cool, but it isn't if your server is at least under 32 man.

Comment

i might join but where abouts is it hosted u k usa i am uk so i dont want o lag im a puub player as i do not have many freinds on bf2 i just joind a clana but dont seem to play much so i wannna start getting freinds and wroking together in a non pub inviroment lol

Comment

Xfire is your friend...Get your name out there and get a good group of people to play with, then you should be able to start your server anytime...

Our team is in a similar predicament, only our server isnt ranked and runs custom maps 24/7... If this was the old days of BF pre ranking it wouldnt have been a problem to fill it...however now it is...

Comment

Originally posted by SuperDonkey
            Xfire is your friend...Get your name out there and get a good group of people to play with, then you should be able to start your server anytime...

Our team is in a similar predicament, only our server isnt ranked and runs custom maps 24/7... If this was the old days of BF pre ranking it wouldnt have been a problem to fill it...however now it is...
            Actually I love playing in unranked servers, people there always will tend to play the game to win, instead of playing with the the usual "Tk'ing, spawn camping, vehicle whoring, lonewolfing, badge hunting, UCB boming" 1337 players.

Comment

I have a populated 64 man server that is always full. Its proabably because its 64 man but then again we started with 32 man...The key is karkand every other map and with 32 you need to make the maps 64 version...And if you think I am lying about the server look up digital Anarchy on game-monitor....Were ranked like 24 or something in the world...Or you could always just join up with us since were already established. Those servers are expensive especially if yours is always empty...

Comment

Working...
              X