• Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Sluggish Play...

Okay, well my computer specs are:

AMD X2 4400+
    2GB RAM
    7800GTX (256) x2 in SLi

I'm running all high at 1600x1200. Everything was running great up till a while ago. Now what happens is in certain spots the map laggs down to about 18 FPS or so, then if I move my mouse and take a few steps it proceeds to rocket way back up into the 70s-90s. Over time these spots become more frequent, making the game all but unplayable after two rounds at the least. I've taken a look at my temps and the only thing that looks out of the ordinary is my chipset, which is slightly high; could this be the reason? All settings are the same by the way; as well I have all the latest drivers (motherboard, sound, NVidia) etc etc. Defragged, scanned for malware, adware and viruses. Uninstalled the game, deleted my Documents numerous times etc etc.

Re: Sluggish Play...

Did you use the full 1.3 patch? If not that is your problem.

Comment

Originally posted by ibelcaniva
      Now what happens is in certain spots the map laggs down to about 18 FPS or so, then if I move my mouse and take a few steps it proceeds to rocket way back up into the 70s-90s. Over time these spots become more frequent, making the game all but unplayable after two rounds at the least. I've taken a look at my temps and the only thing that looks out of the ordinary is my chipset, which is slightly high; could this be the reason? All settings are the same by the way; as well I have all the latest drivers (motherboard, sound, NVidia) etc etc. Defragged, scanned for malware, adware and viruses. Uninstalled the game, deleted my Documents numerous times etc etc.
      I used to have the same problems on the dA! server, never found a solution. Is it specifically happening on one server? or is it happening across the board.

Comment

Happens on all servers across the board. Full 1.3 Patch was used.

Comment

Same Prob here..even on lowest settings. 1.0 runs fine, smooth, 30-40fps with all settings turned on @ 1024x768, I struggle to stay with 15fps on lowest with clean install of BF2 with full 1.3 patch.

Comment

Working...
          X