X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Heatseeker_no.1
    Guest replied
    Re: Fps + 6800gs?

Type into the console "renderer.drawfps 1" or use fraps.

Leave a comment:

• Sig62
    Guest replied

How do you check your fps?

Leave a comment:

• Flares
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Predator
    If you want to play your best need to screw worrying about shadows and all of that crap and turn your graphics down. You need to be getting atleast 60fps to play well. If your in the 20-30s turn off shadows, AA, and put every setting on low. It may not look as good, but its more fun to kill people even tho the game looks like crap than get owned with pretty shadows and butteflies and waterfalls.
    You're missing the point. With a 6800GS he should be able to view reasonably "pretty" shadows etc and still manage a very playable FPS.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Predator
    Guest replied

If you want to play your best need to screw worrying about shadows and all of that crap and turn your graphics down. You need to be getting atleast 60fps to play well. If your in the 20-30s turn off shadows, AA, and put every setting on low. It may not look as good, but its more fun to kill people even tho the game looks like crap than get owned with pretty shadows and butteflies and waterfalls.

Leave a comment:

• Dearmad
    Guest replied

I'd take 30 fps over tearing scrteens anyday. In fact... I do.

Leave a comment:

• step2ice
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Heatseeker_no.1
    Refresh rate will have little/no effect on performance and 85Hz is normal for a crt, lower can hurt your eyes.
    As long as you don't use Vsync.
    I had to turn this off recently. Now I have much screen tearing which I really hate, but at least I get some fps back.
    The glory days with 1.03, Vsync on and 30-50 fps on a full 64 slot server are over. :cry:

Leave a comment:

• Heatseeker_no.1
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Bloodsport
    Why are you running a refresh rate of 85 Hz? Seems a little high for the spec to me. try 75Hz or even 60Hz.
    Refresh rate will have little/no effect on performance and 85Hz is normal for a crt, lower can hurt your eyes.

Leave a comment:

• colony
    Guest replied

Thats way too low for a 6800GS. Has to be some kind of driver or hardware problem.

Leave a comment:

• Bloodsport
    Guest replied

Why are you running a refresh rate of 85 Hz? Seems a little high for the spec to me. try 75Hz or even 60Hz.

Leave a comment:

• Rock_FU
    Guest replied

To some people 30 fps is playable..as long as its constant, I find when it dips below 25 is when it becomes difficult to aim.

To the guy who advised you to drop your settings to medium, listen to him, he is 100% right. Just leave Geometries and Texture Filtering at high. To raise your FPS, turn your Dynamic lighting and shadows to low. The game still looks amazing.

I had an x800xl 256mb and used these settings with a nice steady 50-60 fps (the x800xl is comparable to the 6800gs I believe). My other specs in that PC were 2gb ram and an AMD Athlon 2600xp @2.2ghz (I ONLY play on populated 64 man servers which is a huge hit on fps)

another way to raise your fps believe it or not is to turn off the AA and raise your resolution to 1280x960, trust me you will get better performance and it will probably look better than 1024x768 2xaa.

anyway, its my advice. Remember to clear your cache before you change your settings.

Hope your get your game working better.

Leave a comment:

• Flares
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Jazza
    Thanks for the reply Flares.

I am using Onboard AC97 and I don't have any cash for a sound card

I use 1024x768 because I like to use 85Hz (CRT) and if I run it at 1280x1024 I have to run it at 60Hz, and it hurts my eyes

I am using a 17 inch so I can't run 1600x1200.

AA/AF is at application defualt in the control pannel, I am using the latest official drivers.

I will try your settings later on.
    Try installing the latest AC97 drivers, and if you haven't already, set the in game sound to software/medium.

Leave a comment:

• Kixfox
    Guest replied

Hey!

I don't know what the problem for you is.
    Look at my specs, I run kinda steady on 30FPS all the time!

But when I look at the tests they've done, I did notice that the overall specs they used weren't THAT good except the video card, so I borrow the thread a lil':
    Does changing graphic card that BIG diffrence in games?!

Because my PC is starting to get badder and badder in todays games, I got an old socket for AMD and not the best specs overall.
    So I thought of changing graphic card... I don't have the money though. :P

I got like... 85 bucks + I will sell my pocketbike (maybe) to a guy for 357 bucks... now that's enough for a good card, but I need money too for a minicross - WELL ANYWAY, enough off topic for me, lol.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Oshiki
    Guest replied

I use an older Driver 84.56 xtreme and framerate is OK.

Leave a comment:

• imported_Jazza
    Guest replied

Thanks for the reply Flares.

I am using Onboard AC97 and I don't have any cash for a sound card

I use 1024x768 because I like to use 85Hz (CRT) and if I run it at 1280x1024 I have to run it at 60Hz, and it hurts my eyes

I am using a 17 inch so I can't run 1600x1200.

AA/AF is at application defualt in the control pannel, I am using the latest official drivers.

I will try your settings later on.

Leave a comment:

• Flares
    Guest replied

Originally posted by Jazza
    Well if all these people are able to play with these crazy settings, how come I can't?
    Firstly, take performance reviews with a pinch of salt.
    The problem may not be your graphics card. You don't say what your soundcard is? Sound settings and low performing cards can have a detrimental effect on performance. Are your mainboard chipset drivers up to date? What Nvidia graphics card driver version are you using?
    You may actually improve performance by upping the resolution. Have you tried 1280x1024 or 1280x960?
    If your monitor can take it, try and up the resolution to 1600x1200 and turn off AA.
    If you're forcing anisotropic filtering in the Nvidia driver control panel, turn it to application controlled. Change the Nivida control panel performance slider to either "performance" or "high performance", you should see maybe a 10fps increase over the "quality" setting. Also make sure Vsync is off.

I've a 6800GT AGP which isn't that much different to a 6800GS and my settings with the Nvidia 84.21 drivers are:

1280x1024@72hz (restricted by 19" LCD).
    Terrain high
    Effects high
    Geometry high
    Textures high
    Lighting high
    Dynamic shadows medium
    Dynamic light medium
    AA x2
    Texture filtering high
    View distance 100%

I can play with all maxed, but on 64 player servers there's some slow down into the lower 30s fps when the poop hits the fan, hence the dynamic settings on medium. Plus it's very difficult to tell the difference between medium and high dyn shadows but a significant performance hit on high.

PC: AMD64 3200+@2.4ghz, 6800GT@ 410/1.10, 2GB Corsair ram 2.5-3-3-7 and Audigy 2ZS sound.

Edit: You may find the BF2 Tweak Guide useful.

Leave a comment:

Working...
X