Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Got my Expert Knife Badge (Legitimately)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Got my Expert Knife Badge (Legitimately)

And one more thing.

I run up and knife this guy hiding behind a corner ( not facing me ) ,and nothing besides a huge cloud of dust, or powdered blood :laugh: comes out; he turns around and kills me in 1 hit.......

What is this dust or blood, w/e you want to call it. Lag, bad coding ????

Re: Got my Expert Knife Badge (Legitimately)

Its bad coding!
    Knifing was ok long ago, but in recent patches is FUBAR'd along with many other things

Comment

I had given up on the unlock for Master Sergeant because of the basic pistol, sniper and knife badge. I'm a team player to a fault, and sometimes take that angle of the game too far.

I did some sniping to get familar with the weapons and decided to go for the badge. While contributing to my team I got it, I didn't have to be a deterent.

I decided to go for the pistol. Got it, although I could have been more productive doing other things, less then half the tickets were gone before it was earned and over. I picked an andvantagous spot and sort of finished guys off that were badly wounded. Won one 1on1 too. I wasn't nearly as useless as some of the things I see other people do (joy riding, wounding each other, blatant Tking the list goes on and on).

I'm going to try and get the knife now too, I suppose "team" isn't everything, and I am contributing, albeit in a very ineffective way.

I like the idea of knifing snipers, on a big map, but finding 5 in the time span, before they get killed or move could be a pain. I tried it, I could tell by the time I found one and tried to get to him, that time would run out before I did it 5 times.

I've got about 7,000 points during which I can play normally and work on the knife badge now and then.

I've played what I feel is legitimate play for the entire time I've had this username and PID. No padding, other then the occasional lopsided mop up at the end of a game or two. No team switching , or selective map choosing. I try and play on servers that play all maps, because I like the variety. Although with the way servers are run it never comes out even, some maps are very popular while other are not, there's no way other then following your map statistics and adjusting your play to make it even out. I'm not going to do that.

I go AT too much, but it just seems the kit for maps that are so vehicle orientated. My cautious play makes up for the AT's assault weapon, so I don't suffer as much on that end. The advantage of the AT itself when I'm trying to win a round is just too tempting.

I wonder why my W/L is less then impressive, unless it's normal for a person who doesn't fly jets or helos which if done well can greatly contribute to a win.

Comment

killing with the knife is sooo anoyying, you stab someone and all you see is dust even though its one shot kill. Then they put 50 rounds in you!

also, hate to put a downer on you disfigured but basic knife badge is 7 kills IAR. Not 5.

Comment

lol. i just got my basic knife and quit. i cant stand the knife.

Comment

yawn... 18 kills in warlord baby... well actually 21 shanks.

Comment

Originally posted by AC/DC
              And one more thing.

I run up and knife this guy hiding behind a corner ( not facing me ) ,and nothing besides a huge cloud of dust, or powdered blood :laugh: comes out; he turns around and kills me in 1 hit.......

What is this dust or blood, w/e you want to call it. Lag, bad coding ????
              Congrats AC/DC. I know how ANNOYING it can be to try and get the knife kills!

Comment

I got mine before the last patch. I died so many times, I had like a 2:1 death to kill ratio. It was frustrating but I ended up gettinga screenshot of my lil badge

Comment

7 isn't so hard

you just need to go around your enemies and kill them

or stay in a place where you can get a lot of view without getting spotted

pick those people who are likely paying no attention to their backs(lone wolves are easier to get since they don't have teammates to back them up)

Comment

I did have my expert, created another account and am currently on Veteran.

Wht I love is, that you follow someone forever with just a knife out and he finally turns around an notices you, and, slice! He's dead, :laugh: .

Comment

Originally posted by Jay_C
                      also, hate to put a downer on you disfigured but basic knife badge is 7 kills IAR. Not 5.
                      Noooooooooo.

Looks like I'm just going to have to devote an entire day, weekend, week to do it, and just get it over with.

Like others have said, there are certain things you have to do to get more traffic going around you, and better opportunities to use it.

Comment

I instantly got my expert knife when the Patch was up with all the new medal requirements. Expert Pistol though I tryed it on a 64 Player Karkand 32 Slots I did not wanted to do it in a cheap way or something.. I used medic though for self-healing snipers can't do that. I grabbed my G36E fired 1 round on him then pistoled him to death and I got a new victim on my list! ^^
                        From the 2I've got *Cough*
                        ~ Komet

Comment

WTF do u mean legit? Its not hard getting 100 knife kills.

Comment

I believe the knife is most lethal at the apex of the swing. If your target moves away or turns away at just the right moment, it is possible that you can miss. The good way to ensure a kill is to try to "pin" them against a wall or other barrier.

Comment

this happens not just with the knife, but just about everything, tank gun, at rockets, rifles they all score unregisted hits.

Comment

Working...
                              X