setup coop server

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• setup coop server

Does anyone have some detailed instructions on setting up a coop server. I was trying to do it last night but I could never get it to work correctly. I was reading some conflicting information and some instructions ambiguous. If anyone has a good link or can provide some help i'd appriciate it.

Re: setup coop server

Listen server, dedicated server, or stand-alone dedicated server? Local or internet?

Comment

it would be local, I'm not sure what the different servers are. I'm using Unranked Server Files for Win32 v1.3. What are they?

Comment

Originally posted by fualker
        it would be local, I'm not sure what the different servers are. I'm using Unranked Server Files for Win32 v1.3. What are they?
        That would be the stand-alone dedicated server. The other two types use the regular BF2.exe (with -dedicated for the dedicated server). I haven't used the standalone server but I believe you just need to use the switches +gameMode gpm_coop +ai 1 on the command-line in addition to any other switches that apply to all modes (like +maplist). Take a look at http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...p?showforum=23 for more info. Try searching on "standalone" and "coop" or "co-op".

Comment

ok thanks, i have the coop working the only other thing is that i want to use the larger maps so I am using the bfsp64 mod. The error I get when connecting is that says "this server doesn't allow modified content...". If I remove the mod from the client machine I get "this server is using a mod...cannot connect" So i'm getting a conflict here. There must be a setting somewhere.

Comment

Several people have had trouble getting mods to work with the standalone server. One thing you should do is to make sure you remove any .md5 files from the server. Cobra-BOM posted that the BOM mod is working on the standalone server so it is possible (http://battlefieldsingleplayer.plane...howtopic=4639).

Comment

Working...
            X