Video Card

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Video Card

Hello everyone. I've just bought a new computer, it has an Athlon 64 3800+ and 1 gig of memory with it. The problem is that it uses an integrated graphics solution, the measly nVidea GeForce 6100.

Can anyone recommend a video card that's a high end, PCIe x16 card but is at the most, $300?

I've looked at the video card requirements for BF2, and I think they are absolutely BS. Worse cards than them can work with BF2. I doubt that the "BF2 video card list" is actually true. After thinking that I'm not worried about getting a card that won't work, but if it's possible, one on the list just to make sure. Thanks.

EDIT: I don't know why I posted it here. Can an admin move it to the Tech Center?

Re: Video Card

its in the right place,

i would take a stab at 7900 range

(awaits one of the nVidia lovers)

Comment

Have a look at this

Comment

Originally posted by LtChair
        Have a look at this
        I dont know what he was trying to get across, but i would highly recomend this 7900gt ko from evga.
        Buy EVGA 256-P2-N564-AX GeForce 7900GT 256MB 256-bit GDDR3 PCI Express x16 SLI Supported Video Card with fast shipping and top-rated customer service. Once you know, you Newegg!

Comment

Originally posted by TehFunk
          I dont know what he was trying to get across
          If you scroll down...there is a list of PCI-E cards between $200 and $300

Comment

I play with everything maxed without any problems with an XFX 7800gt, which you probably won't find now. Couldn't go wrong with the 7900 series.

Comment

Would recomend this 7900GT

http://www.newegg.com/Product/Produc...82E16814130016

Comment

Originally posted by LtChair
                No, i wouldnt. Your paying 30 more dollars for only 80+mhz oc'd to the mem and core. Just get the cheaper one, and you can overclock well passed the "Superclocked" speeds.

Comment

do u like Nvidia or ATI?

if Nvidia go with what they recommend
                  if ATI i would recommend for that price range, X850 series, x1300pro, X1600 or X1800 (maybe a bit more than $300 ) BUT (dont get the x1900...its like $700 )

Comment

Working...
                  X