VOIP'ing while dead

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• VOIP'ing while dead

Has anyone else noticed that sometimes you can use your VOIP after you've been killed, but then other times you can't?

I can't figure out if this is a bug in the game or if, in fact, there are specific reasons why you can or can't at certain times.

Thanks.

Re: VOIP'ing while dead

i can still hear ppl on voip even after i alt-tab out of the game

Comment

Originally posted by CTD-CaptainBuck
      i can still hear ppl on voip even after i alt-tab out of the game

Interesting, but I don't think it's related to what I'm asking about.

My experience has been that sometimes after you're killed, you can key your mic, the little green icon appears on screen, and you can talk normally (pretty handy if you want to tell your squad where the guy was that just wasted you).

Other times, however, you can key your mic, the green icon doesn't appear, and you can't communicate.

Like I said, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why you can talk in some cases and in others you can't.

Comment

I am fairly sure that even when the mic icon does not appear while you're 'incapacitated/critically wounded, your squad mates can still hear you.

Comment

Originally posted by Rafterman
          Interesting, but I don't think it's related to what I'm asking about.

My experience has been that sometimes after you're killed, you can key your mic, the little green icon appears on screen, and you can talk normally (pretty handy if you want to tell your squad where the guy was that just wasted you).

Other times, however, you can key your mic, the green icon doesn't appear, and you can't communicate.

Like I said, there doesn't seem to be any rhyme or reason as to why you can talk in some cases and in others you can't.
          It doesnt always show up, you can always speak when your dead. THe same thing happens when your alive, sometimes the icon doesnt even come up until ive been speaking so long it gets the line through it telling me its no longer transmitting (if im having a conversation with someone say)

I too can hear VOIP when im tabbed out (to kick someone for example) cant speak back obviously, but can hear.

Comment

hmm. i also wonder. i nev got the green icon whe i talk when dead or critically wounded. but i sure cant hear anything ingame sounds while alt tab out. i nev really thought it mattered to talk when dead. jus wait till you respawn and talk!

Comment

While some consider it "cheating" it is nice to tell squad mates about a threat while you are dead.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                I am fairly sure that even when the mic icon does not appear while you're 'incapacitated/critically wounded, your squad mates can still hear you.
                That's what I thought, too.

Comment

Originally posted by [2bit]Modmaven
                  While some consider it "cheating" it is nice to tell squad mates about a threat while you are dead.
                  I don't like that feature too, but I wouldn't call it a cheat though.

Comment

What kind of simple minded moron calls it cheating? Barely anyone even uses voip so w/e.

Comment

Originally posted by Sir. Blades
                      What kind of simple minded moron calls it cheating? Barely anyone even uses voip so w/e.
                      Good question...

Comment

I wouldn't call it cheating, and as already been said, VOIP is rarely used anyway. Also squads (generally) aren't that close together for information that could be passed on to be useful.

Comment

Originally posted by Talus
                          Yup that's how it works.

Plus I can also vouch for the "you can hear them when you are alt-tabbed out of the game" Alt-tabbing out into BF2CC all the time and I can always still here the people on VOIP. Don't think it works to respond to them though when your alt-tabbed out.

Comment

Oh well Teamspeak owns VOIP anyways.

Comment

Working...
                            X