• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Did Euro Force Discussion Die With The Booster Pack

man this part of the forums is as dead as the booster pack. what gives

Re: Did Euro Force Discussion Die With The Booster Pack

Yep it's dead..
    There are only a few ef-servs available so nearly nobody is playing it....

Comment

yeah its pretty much died.
      everyone is playing on EF or strike at karkand.

Comment

I was playing it today.

85.236.101.31:16567

Comment

Its probably dead because EF is dead. Very few people playing means its very unlikely people are going to discuss it.

Comment

There seems to be a bit of a resurgence. I've played EF more in the last week than I've played ever.

It seems a few servers admins have realized that the maps are actually pretty good and that a large percentage of the guys that bought AF more than likely bought EF as well.

Comment

Yeah, I quite often look for joint AF/EF servers to get a bit of an EF fix, as usually I can't find any EF-only servers. However, what I can't understand are the Smoke Screen only servers. What a waste of a server, or is it just for those tank/plane/helo whores to rack up a few points

Comment

I started playing it again last night. Had to play on a server across the ocean to play and found that everyone was very good. It often seems like SF players are better then vanilla players and I found that EF was along the same pedigree. I found that Smoke Screen was a real good map. Quite on par with some old DC maps.

I had a great idea a while ago to help EA get more money from server rentals. It was to release all the main Vanilla BF2 street maps (Karkand, Sharqi, and Mash), and turn those into night maps for SF. Well, I figured if Dice were to release two free maps for EF and AF owners, they might get a resurgence of intrest...possibly more sales. Seems simple enough. They already have all the textures and models. All they need to do is beta a few maps and split the best two between EF and AF.

Why not? Sounds simple enough. They just need to release something for free and people might want to spend the $10 for EF and maybe $20 for SF.

Comment

if just DEAD EF coz AF is much beter maps are bater etc and ive only been abile 2 ply it 4 like 2hrs since i got in no servers

Comment

Originally posted by godsANGER
                    if just DEAD EF coz AF is much beter maps are bater etc and ive only been abile 2 ply it 4 like 2hrs since i got in no servers
                    bater maps are the best.

/sigh

Comment

Originally posted by godsANGER
                      :shakehead

man, that is some work to read.

Comment

i was thinking of getting both EF and AF, mainly coz i wanted to have sum fun with pure vehicles, and also i want to try out all the EU weapons (esp FAMAS a personal fav from my old CS days), and also coz i'm sad the reload on the L85a2 Ag-36 just to make sure they got it right

Comment

I dont think it's dead but it is on life support! I play Great Wall sometimes but I hardly ever see the other 2 maps in rotation. Shame really as they are good maps and who want to play Karkand all the time

Comment

yea, i never played it when it came out and that makes me sad as it's so hard to find a good game now. but there does always seem to be a couple of choices for combo AF+EF servers which i love.

and is it me or do all the EF maps seem very unbalanced in favor of the EU? dunno, haven't really played enough to be sure yet, and perhaps it's just that everyone tries to join EU to get that stupid medal also...

Comment

First you have to be alive, in order to die. EF was never alive therefore it didn't die, it just... Well I don't know what you would calll, except for im glad I didn't waste that ten bucks on a lame exp.

Comment

Working...
                              X