C4 Mod

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• C4 Mod

I havent been on in a while since im in Canada. I did bring a copy of BF2 w/ me but have limited internet. Well ill cut to the chase- I am looking for a mod that allows me to place as many C4 units as I would like. Now like all other mods this would be for single player. It was featured in the late Sir. mod but since it did not work for me I was left in the dark. Thanks alot, Sir. Smoot

Re: C4 Mod

Just grab any mod
    Open your Objects_server.zip in your BF2 dir. Look for the following file...

objects_server/weapons/handheld/c4_explosives/c4_explosives.tweak

You need to copy this file and put it into the same directory structure as what you just took it out of {Extract the Objects_server.zip in the mod and then add new folders with the same names and place this tweak file in the last folder.}
    Now you need too open this file once you have copied it across and look for the following code..
    rem ---BeginComp:ExplosivesFireComp ---
    ObjectTemplate.createComponent ExplosivesFireComp
    ObjectTemplate.fire.fireLaunchDelay 0.05
    ObjectTemplate.fire.altFireInput PIAltFire
    ObjectTemplate.fire.addFireRate 0
    ObjectTemplate.fire.projectileStartPosition 0.1/-0.15/0
    ObjectTemplate.fire.maxProjectilesInWorld 8 {How many in the game?}
    ObjectTemplate.fire.detonatorObject c4_detonator
    rem ---EndComp ---
    rem ---BeginCompefaultAmmoComp ---
    ObjectTemplate.createComponent DefaultAmmoComp
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.ammoType 1
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.magSize 1
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.nrofmags 4 {How many do you want to start with?}
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.reloadTime 0.5
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.minimumTimeUntilReload 0.1
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.autoReload 1
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.instantReloadOnEnable 1
    ObjectTemplate.ammo.toggleWhenNoAmmo 1

In the above code I have underlined the lines you will need to change.

Just save the file. {Don't forget to change the properties from "Read Only" on the tweak file}

Now zip your new objects_server.zip back up and run the New mod with your settings.

Have fun

Comment

Also, I am looking for a way to have a co-op server/ LAN game. I wanna have 2 teams with m and a friend on one team with bots and the other team have bots. Please, and thank you!

Comment

are you using vanillar BF2 or a mod?

If a mod - it will need to have the gamemode.Coop in the correct Python directory and the map will need to have the coop code in the .desc file.

Anytime mate

Comment

I dont follow. Its just normal Bf2. (could you be a ittle more, descriptive?)

Comment

Ok
            Next question - will your Lan have access to the net for people to log onto Gamespy for the multiplayer side of BF2?

Comment

Yeah.... Multiplayer.... definitely

Can weMSN this?
              Im Pming you my MSN Dogman

Comment

Just logon on singleplayer mode {Ofline}
                Whoever has the best PC - get them too host the game. On this PC you will need to go into the Multiplay and Create Server screens.
                Look down the lefthand side lower corner for the map list, just above this list is a pull down box - click on the down arrow and select Coop. Now select what standard maps you want too play. Make sure you check out the server settings to set it up right for how you want it.
                Leave the Coop Bot option set too 50%. If you wanted all real players on one side and the bots on the other you would change it too 100%

On everyone elsese PC just start the same and go into the Multiplay and then Local screens and you should see each other. Join

Try it out before the time comes with at least 2 PC's as I have not tried it without internet access to the Lan and you may have trouble joining the server in this fashion.
                Failing this you will need to trick BF2 into Multiplayer. Only problem here is you can't use Coop I think?

I got too go out - hopefully the above will work - if not post what has happened and I will check later{1 hour}
                If trouble still I will MSN with you to get it working

Comment

Wow thanks Dogman, we will try it now. Thanks again

Comment

Working...
                  X