Finally! A new PC....

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Finally! A new PC....

Thoughts on my new gear? Currently I run at the lowest possible settings imaginable. Anywho - Got it from CYBERPOWER. I should be able to run everything on MAX, (right? :cry: )

Aspire 680W Beast Power ATX PSU
    AMD Athlon 64 X2 3800+Dual Core Hyperthread CPU
    CoolerMaster Liquid Cooling
    Corsair XMS2 Memory w/ Heat Spreader (2 GB)
    NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express Video Card (only got one - I'll do SLI when the need arises. Probably when 2142 comes out next month... )
    160GB SATA II Hard Drive

oooh.... can't WAIT for this thing to arrive! I'm sure I'll have tons of fun trying to get BF2 to work again with all the patches and crapola....

Re: Finally! A new PC....

Thats max right there. Unless you play at 1920 res or some super high resolutions like that you should be fine.

Comment

Originally posted by Mongo Only Pawn
      NVIDIA Geforce 7900 GT 512MB 16X PCI Express Video Card (only got one - I'll do SLI when the need arises. Probably when 2142 comes out next month... )

oooh.... can't WAIT for this thing to arrive! I'm sure I'll have tons of fun trying to get BF2 to work again with all the patches and crapola....
      no, you wont need a second 7900 for 2142, they run on the same engines. and damn, b2142 coems out next month!! where have i been...

Comment

No that machine will be slow. You should have got an ATI X1300 for your GPU, and a Sempron is a much better CPU for overclocking than that X2. A dell would have been a much better purchase for you.

*note - I'm taking the mickey. But seriously, who buys a beast PC, comes on a forum, and asks if it will run BF2 well? If you're going to skite, just skite. Dont ask "is it any good", just makes you look lame. You know, how when someones does something really good, and downplays it so people lump more praise on them.

Comment

ATi X1300 sucks compared to a 7900gt

**i hope u were joking

Comment

Originally posted by jimmy_396_jimmy
            ATi X1300 sucks compared to a 7900gt

**i hope u were joking
            Yeah i was, read the whole post :P

Comment

Grats on the new pc, you better pwn when it arrives.

Comment

BF2142 isnt coming out till September/October.

If you run BF2 fine now, BF2142 should probably run the same or maybe a little worse...

Comment

Pretty bad-ass! I just bought a new rig too...

ViewSonic's 20.1" VX2025wm

BFG GeForce 7900 GTX OC

AMD 4400+ X2 Dual Core ...

It rox!

Comment

Originally posted by Lt.Kris
                    If you run BF2 fine now, BF2142 should probably run the same or maybe a little worse...
                    Yup. You woulda thought running the same engine that they would have optimised it to run better actually, but sadly, I feel the additions to the core game will cause it to be even more of a resource hog than BF2.

Comment

Working...
                    X