My PC - Good Enough ?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• My PC - Good Enough ?

Hi I just wanted to know if the new pc I am gettin from a friend will be good enough to run BF 2 on good settings with a good fps rate ?

The pc spec is

P4 3.8ghz
    1 gig of ram
    ATI X800 Pro 256mb
    200 Gig HD

Thanks for input

Re: My PC - Good Enough ?

Yep, you should be fine, but you will have to put textures on medium.

Comment

if u will be using 1024x768 then u can set everything to high but still i recommand getting a 2gb of ram since it will help u to play @ 1280x1024 @ high/medium

Comment

Originally posted by Safrout
        if u will be using 1024x768 then u can set everything to high but still i recommand getting a 2gb of ram since it will help u to play @ 1280x1024 @ high/medium
        even at 1024x768 he will need to put textures to medium, and at 1280x1024, itll run fine, but again, texture will have to be set to medium, due to only 1 gig of ram.

Comment

i didnt know that system ram helped you in textures..

Comment

casue textuers increase the map size which may need more than 1gb of ram which means a lot of loading time while moving in the map

Comment

Hi guys, thats great

I do plan on using 1024x768 res with most settings on medium apart from perhaps the view distance which I intend to set to far.

Any idea roughly for guys in the know or with similiar setups what kind of FPS I should expect with such settings ?

Thanks

Comment

good enough to play the game with no problems

be sure to tell us the answer to ur question when u get ur copy

also why spending all fo this money on a P4 3.8 and only getting 1GB of ram

u should have bought a P$ 3.2 or something , then O/C it to 3.8~4Ghz and buy urself with teh saved money the best 2GB kit u can find

Comment

Hey - I actually didnt spend alot of money at all really, I bought the computer off a ebay store whos shop is only 20mins drive from me.

It only cost me £400 and its not 2nd hand just was a display pc with afew scratchs

But yes, I think I may look in to adding another gig of ram depending on the performance I get ! I will tell you tuesday when it arrives !

Thats the specs in full if you're interested

* HD is actually 160 GB not 200 after checking ..

Comment

OMG
                    DDR2 @ PC3200 ONLY ==> this si really really bad

also can u show me a CPU-Z screenshot showing ur cpu details please

Comment

:hmm: CPU-Z Screenshot ?

Maybe I can upgrade the ram if its not too good ? :hmm:

Comment

it is not Good at all , if u can upgrade for sure go for a 2GB fo ram

Sorry ... can't find what you are looking for :(

download the file and run it, wait few seconds , a window will appear, take the screenshot and show it to me please

can u also please tell me which mobo of those do u have http://www.asus.com/search.aspx?sear...earchkey=P5AD2

Comment

Safrout, the motherboard is the top one on that link.

I cant run that test as I dont have the PC until tuesday.

Do you think its worth getting another 1 gig of the memory at the same speed or scrapping the 1 gig and upgrading to a better memory?

Comment

RAM is essential for the Game to run smoothly. After spunking £400 on new hardware the other day I installed my second 7800 GTX and expected everything to run fine on high settings including anti aliasing set on 4. Not to be and when my new RAM arrived the next day the game runs unbelievably smooth and it takes next to no time connecting to servers.

I did have a matched pait of 512MB Geil's, now I'm running on Corsair 2GB XMX.

Comment

my friend has that exact setup except he has 2 Gb of RAM and his game runs every thing HIGH great i love playing on his comp lol

Comment

Working...
                              X