Servers that auto kick for foul language

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Servers that auto kick for foul language

i think there are some servers that are just out of hand when it comes to auto kicking on certian words. there is a reason why i say words and not profanity. EA should monitor the admins from time to time, i would imagine that there is such thing as having a power abuse. this is true though however, as many of us can agree that when you tick an admin off by killing them they will boot you sometimes.

I myself have been booted for saying, "well then i'll go steal there jet (no rules against vehicle stealing to my knowledge)" **while taking off in my teams jet**
    and the admin told me i better not, so i didn't, instead i continued to fly the J-10 on our team. next thing i know is that he is kicking me for stealing a vehicle! i guess taking out our own jet when the admin wanted it too makes you a vehicle theif. to further on that note he had the jet out a few times already before me.

The previous round we were waiting to get the jet, and i having it twice before him let him take it the next time, mostly because he told me it was his turn, which is kind of bull to begin with but whatever, i'll let the baby have his way. the admin went against his own "turn" rule from the previous round and booted me for taking out our jet!

i'll admit i was saying there server sucked because of the lag spikes i got constantly causing me to crash, but i just complained about the lag, not the players. but again, how should that add up to getting kicked.

yes i know this kick was not based on profanity but the reason the admin said he kicked me for was saying "well then i'll go steal there jet." just taking off the runway, i did not even have a chance to attempt to put my words into action before i was kicked.

this all just comes down that some admins are in fact, the real babies who cry in the game because things do not go the way they wanted them to while under there context of rules. makes it seem kind of like a dictatorship now doesn't it? i would really like EA to monitor the actions of admins from time to time. i would not be surprised if a lot of shlt turns up.

Originally posted by GunHappyBob

I mean can you imagine during a battle in vietnam your platoon leader court marshals you because you said fvck?
    no... but this is a game too, remember that.

Comment

I have no problem with swearing, but sometimes some people take it overboard, swearing every other word. No one needs to see that, if you can't make your point with cussing all the time then I suggest you read the dictionary. (BTW after reading my post it looks like I'm personally attacking you, I'm not)

I don't think there should be an auto kick for swearing a few times, but maybe a kick after, I dunno 15ish uses of foul language.

Comment

I got kicked for saying "dam" thats right "dam" The servers also thinks about profanity typed in a different way, like @$$ or biach, every little thing, i was probally talking about Kubra Dam.

Comment

The foul language part is not the worst thing, even though it's annoying being kicked for saying a word like idiot, suck or hell. The worst thing is being kicked the second you press the "Join Game" button for a high ping. WHy the hell can't PB just enable high ping kicking for a newly joined player like after 2-3 minutes? I have more high ping kicking issues than I have CTD, even though my ping is about 30 in game.

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
            actually that is a very incorrect statement, when you lease or rent a ranked server you agree to abide by the EULA/TOS/ROE which language is included..

so it's really not your rules..
            Dedicated servers we can do what we want as far as language goes. It gives you that option. But we don't Rent. So ....

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
              5 year olds aren't allowed to play the game according to the TOS. You have to be 13.
              with most of the players on servers now, i would be surprised if any are over 8 years old.

Comment

Originally posted by 2MinuteWarning
                Dedicated servers we can do what we want as far as language goes. It gives you that option. But we don't Rent. So ....
                No, not really the TOS and EULA do apply, and that type of language is still against the "rules"

Comment

The only thing that really bothers me is just how over sensative they are. Some will kick you for saying things that arent swears at all. The biggest problem is when they kick for saying *** because sometimes I misstype flag and it ends up ***...BAM kicked.

Comment

Working...
                  X