Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: Servers that auto kick for foul language

Originally posted by godsANGER
    severs wht kick 4 tht are ok if the foul language is ofensive but whn i get kickd 4 sayn thngs like OMG or NOOB or evn DAM now tht f**kn ****es me off so much . its so petty
    Servers kick for stuff like that because there are a lot of people that actually play the game and don't want to miss important chat messages because of your petty whining!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
      actually that is a very incorrect statement, when you lease or rent a ranked server you agree to abide by the EULA/TOS/ROE which language is included..

so it's really not your rules..
      Agreed... We use our BF2CC auto-admin on our servers to warn and filter out players that continually cuss. IMO foul language isn't necessary in game play and as part of the ROE not allowed. I think we are fair with it, 6 warns then a kick, 2 kicks and your banned for 24hrs.

Comment

f##k, S##t, B##ch, i always swear on a serever and never got kicked!!!

Comment

Originally posted by SgT.uK
          i think its getting out of hand, i got got kicked for typing wtf, i mean seriously what wrong with wtf? i could understand if it typed it out fully, but in its abbreviated form what it wrong with it?
          I get what you mean. When I say WTF, I mean What The Floogle!

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
            the way I run our servers..

if you say a normal cuss word that is NOT directed at a player or admin then I pretty much ignore it.. (within reason)

if you however direct the insult at a player or admin, then you get a warning or removed..

I think this is fair

Indian
            I too agree with this. Bad language that is used for expression should be ignored, while direct insults should be punished.

Comment

i was on a server that had NO RULES! one of the funniest server ive been on so far! (no rasist comments or extreme language where stated ) and that i think have nothing to do in in a game anyways..

Comment

In my family not being able to express yourself without resorting to foul language showed a lack of intelligence.

Comment

Ive been kicked for saying rape in the context spawn rape

Comment

Originally posted by TomGazpacho
                    In my family not being able to express yourself without resorting to foul language showed a lack of intelligence.
                    that must be kinda fustrating i bet! I bet if u meet the right person and he does something bad/lame/childish to you, i bet u would swear, rather than just turn the other cheak or whats it called..

Comment

Originally posted by 4thebeavers
                      Ive been kicked for saying rape in the context spawn rape
                      Servers that kick for 1st offense just need to be left empty... Everyone has a bad day and needs to vent. A warning should suffice, but if it were to continue I would understand.

Kicked for RAPE, that isn't foul langauge at all..

Comment

You might want to rethink that, that word IS NOT being used correctly at all, in fact it shouldnt really be used to describe spawn killing at all

The world's leading online dictionary: English definitions, synonyms, word origins, example sentences, word games, and more. A trusted authority for 25+ years!

Comment

Originally posted by Strega
                          I'm gonna go out on a limb here and say that I think any server that auto kicks you for foul language is just f'n retarded. If you can't stand foul language, get off the f'n internet. If you're too young to be seeing that type of language, you shouldn't be in the game shooting people with guns. If parents don't want their kids seeing foul language, they shouldn't be playing a game where they continually murder people over and over.

I don't get in a server and just spam profanity, but sometimes, it is just a necessary part of the game to express yourself with a word some people might consider, 'offensive'. What's really more offensice though?? The fact I used a profane word or that I'm continually killing people??

However...in my humble opinion, I think auto kicking for racials slurs is probably ok. It's one thing to let loose with the F Bomb once in a while, or things like WTF or SH!T, but using something like the "N" word just isn't cool in my book.

Am I alone in my thinking here?? I just don't get it =\
                          Why should I have to read your foul language? If I'm paying for the server, it's my rules.

If you don't like it, select one of the other 900 servers.

Why is it that people think it's a god given right to swear online? Grow up or get out.

Comment

My server tolerates profanity but no racism.

Comment

Originally posted by (4THIDUSA) SSG H.
                              profanity is against the TOS and the ROE, so if you cant type or talk ingame without profanity, play something else, they are well within thier rights to do so

This is a video game, it isnt real, most five year olds know that, what they dont need is the string of expletitives coming from you, if anyone teaches them cuss words, let it be the parents

Comment

I too think the filter is pretty out of hand. I got kicked for simply saying something was stupid. It should be against the ROE to boot someone for saying that.

And As far as I'm concerned the game is centered around mass killing. Every once in a while you wanna express yourself with an F word to put emphasis on it. It takes away from the enjoyment. At least maybe they should set it up so that each squad can determine if they want their filter on, so you can say what you want and it will be blocked by those "sissys" who don't wanna hear it.

I mean can you imagine during a battle in vietnam your platoon leader court marshals you because you said fvck?

Originally posted by Lt.Kris
                                If your gonna let your 5 year old play a game where the goal is to kill as many people as possible then it's fair to say that they also could probably handle a few curse words.

wow, this forums "quote" feature sucks.

Comment

Working...
                                X