Age of Empires III - Good?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Age of Empires III - Good?

Considering purchasing this game, I played AOE:II Demo and I enjoyed it. Never purchased it because AOE 3 was due for release. I've reviewed some screens and this game looks fantastic, but as most know looks don't mean everything.

Was just seeeing how many people here play it and your reviews on it, especially for multiplayer.

36,107 registered users and no one owns it?

Re: Age of Empires III - Good?

I do, played it once. Meh.

Comment

I have it myself, if you've ever played I or II (I get the impression apart from the II Demo you haven't). The game is somewhat different doesn't have the same addiction factor. I've still palyed a fair few hours though.

Comment

I have it, if you liked Age of empires 2 you'll like this. I guess i kinda like it, but i'm not to much into it anymore. Still a great game.

Comment

Originally posted by ojmcduffie
          Considering purchasing this game, I played AOE:II Demo and I enjoyed it. Never purchased it because AOE 3 was due for release. I've reviewed some screens and this game looks fantastic, but as most know looks don't mean everything.

Was just seeeing how many people here play it and your reviews on it, especially for multiplayer.

36,107 registered users and no one owns it?
          Have you tried the demo yet? You cant do much in it, but its still portrays the game rather nicely. I have AOE3,but again, i got it for free and havent played it much. C&C all the way!!!

Comment

i dont like the third one theres to much to do

i like it when you just build your own little base and than go beat the crap out of every one

Comment

I used to have AOE III till i gave it to my mate, Its ok but battlefield is way better ;]

Comment

AOE 2 was a whole lot better, it can run on crappier computer too so if you have enough parts you can build a pc to install it on and you and your friends can have a lan game with it too

Comment

AOE3 stinks. I was an AOE2 addict and was totally psyched for AOE3. They basically changed the whole game. Those 'snazzy' graphics didn't do anything for me either.

Comment

Originally posted by [MyIS]Spetsnaz
                    AOE3 stinks. I was an AOE2 addict and was totally psyched for AOE3. They basically changed the whole game. Those 'snazzy' graphics didn't do anything for me either.
                    I think you've got a point I think they tried to evolve the series, they tried and in my opinion they messed up the gameplay, big time. Its still playable though, its just not what it used to be.

Comment

wow, i thought aoe3 rox! cant believe u guys hate it. luved it all. but still luved bf2 more than aoe3... lol

Comment

Originally posted by venny
                        wow, i thought aoe3 rox! cant believe u guys hate it. luved it all. but still luved bf2 more than aoe3... lol
                        Did you ever play AOE 2 or the original? I'm presuming not. I was accustomed to AOE1 and 2 which had very similar features/style and was very happy with both of them.

Comment

Working...
                        X