Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re: 1.4 Ranked Servers Are Not Ranked

Originally posted by =[MI5]=RJW
    I just like to let you all know that although mulitplay servers say they are ranked they are not i played a gmae last night and this morning still have no points. I have told multiplay and they said yes im right and that they should change it as it confusing people so hopefully they will.
    why do you want it to be ranked?

Comment

I'm still not sure about this. If they are not ranked then why did my stats go up? I had not played BF2 since Saturday night and then after downloading the patch and playing only 1.4 last night my stats went up. I played on a couple of servers and notice my stats did not change as much so it's obvious that they are not all ranked, but I still can't understand why my stats changed if they are all unranked. According to every stats site I have checked, my stats went up from the games that I played last night, not something left over from the weekend.

Comment

my last battle is showing as when i was playing the beta only.

Comment

there have been no 1.4 ranked files released to anyone, so there is no way any of these servers are ranked...

Comment

Then I ask again, why are my stats going up? I don't disbelieve you when you say they are not ranked. I just worry when I hear that they're not ranked, but my stats go up when I play the beta. I would hate to get all these points and such, only to loose them once the beta ends.

************************************************** *******************

EDIT: Just found out on the EA forums. Some of the Beta servers are indeed ranked.

Here is the relevant post

"There are some ranked servers to make sure that the ranking system works as intended with the new patch. That does not mean abuse and stat padding is tolerated though, just like with non-beta patches.

Incidentally, for those who haven't heard we'll be ramping up the number of 1.4 beta servers in the next few days."

************************************************** *******************

Comment

Originally posted by IndianScout
              there have been no 1.4 ranked files released to anyone, so there is no way any of these servers are ranked...
              My stats are also going up in BFHQ after I play on one of the MultiPlay UK Servers that show as ranked.

Comment

Originally posted by EAGLE_18
                I would guess that 75% of people that are running 1.4 beta because its new (novelty value). Instead of running it because they want to give feedback and help with the development of the next patch.

You are 100% correct. Just look at the feedback thread that Indian Scout made.....They are still complaining about the J-10 F-35 issue. Shhesh it is a thread to report bugs not to complain about game play.

Comment

Working...
                X