1.4 FPS increase?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• 1.4 FPS increase?

I know most people got a huge hit on performance from the 1.3 patch. My question is, for those who have played the 1.4 and had the FPS issue in 1.3, has it gotten any better?

Please don't delete this thread because I am trying to figure out if I need to switch to a 7900GT to improve my performance. Thanks.

Re: 1.4 FPS increase?

I havent experienced any difference. And anyway why would you upgrade from a 7800gt to a 7900gt? To me, that 250$ doesnt seem worth it ,its not like bf2 needs cards that powerful anyway...

Comment

I can sell the 7800GT and buy a 7900GT for about $30 difference.

Comment

Originally posted by Dethred
        I can sell the 7800GT and buy a 7900GT for about $30 difference.
        Why would you do that? You are not going to get any real performance difference. Is the money buring a hole in your pocket that bad?

Comment

I'd like to know this too, my specs SHOULD be able to handle better than all low!!

Comment

Originally posted by Revoluti0n
            Why would you do that? You are not going to get any real performance difference. Is the money buring a hole in your pocket that bad?
            Yes it hurts, I can;t stand money. Or maybe I still haven't gotten a concrete answer concerning why I am getting 25fps average on Sharqi peninsula 64 when my rig can play fear at max settings with no slowdowns. Most people aren't reporting such crappy performance on their 7800GTs so I figured I would try something else.

Comment

Yes it hurts, I can;t stand money. Or maybe I still haven't gotten a concrete answer concerning why I am getting 25fps average on Sharqi peninsula 64 when my rig can play fear at max settings with no slowdowns. Most people aren't reporting such crappy performance on their 7800GTs so I figured I would try something else.
              Ey man, it might be your onboard sound hoggng up your CPU resources. I also get crappy performance and Ill see if a new sound card will fix this.

Comment

Originally posted by bloodbrood
                Ey man, it might be your onboard sound hoggng up your CPU resources. I also get crappy performance and Ill see if a new sound card will fix this.
                I tried sound on LOW/software/hardware etc. It used to run fine, did they change anything with the sound? It gets bad when more than 30 players join a server, even below that I am only getting 50-60fps. In Nov, Dec, and Jan I could get 50-60 in a full 64 player server with a choke point battle and arty hitting. Now I get lower than 15 when that happens. I was in a TWL 12v12 match on Kubra and an arty strike turned the game into a convelescent home slide show.

Comment

so back on topic, i heard a few ppl say that the 1.4BETA increases their FPS a fair bit

Comment

Originally posted by =TBS=Tonic
                    so back on topic, i heard a few ppl say that the 1.4BETA increases their FPS a fair bit
                    Thats probably becuase most of the servers for 1.4 are very small and vehicle-less.

Comment

here is a sample of my problem.

Comment

I tried sound on LOW/software/hardware etc. It used to run fine, did they change anything with the sound? It gets bad when more than 30 players join a server, even below that I am only getting 50-60fps. In Nov, Dec, and Jan I could get 50-60 in a full 64 player server with a choke point battle and arty hitting. Now I get lower than 15 when that happens. I was in a TWL 12v12 match on Kubra and an arty strike turned the game into a convelescent home slide show.

For me the performance loss came with 1.12.
                        I had about 30-50 fps from BF2 1.0 -1.03.

Then 1.12 and SF came along and my game was screwed.
                        15-30 fps was the regular value now.
                        It's the game not your hardware.

Sure you can pound hundrets of dollars onto a game to play it at acceptable speed because it's crappy codded and messed up through all the patches, but not with me.

I'm waiting for summer 2007, something good will happen.

Comment

Working...
                        X