Game will not start up unless I click the icon about 50 times

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Game will not start up unless I click the icon about 50 times

So when I installed the game and clicked on run from the cd nothing happened. Clicking in the icon on my desktop all I see is the splash screen then nothing. In the task manager BF2 shows up in the processes but if I wait it never loads. So I became frustrated and keep clicking on the icon about 50 times and then the game loaded. This is the only way I can get it to start but it is fine once it is open. I am running an AMD 64 3800+, ati radeon x1900xt, 1gb of ram. All my other programs work except this one. Does anyone have any tips.

Bump, does anyone have any tips?

Re: Game will not start up unless I click the icon about 50 times

the same happens for me, except if i try to run it from the desktop i the BF2 splash and then an error. I have to get into mine using the CD autorun, and even then I'll have to try it about 20 or 30 times on a bad day.

Comment

uninstall, reinstall, patch to full 1.3 update.

Comment

oh that sounds grand. it's not like i havent tried that before. reinstalling makes no difference

Comment

So long as you are indeed using the full 1.3 patch you have a strange problem if its happening consistantly.

You could try running BF2 in windowed mode, and make sure all other procceses that can be swithed off - are.

Comment

Working...
          X