Medics vs Snipers competition - Need movie makers

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Medics vs Snipers competition - Need movie makers

DMZ-gaming are hosting another themed event for BF2, this time it's pitting Snipers against Medics. It's still not too late to sign up but the competition to get a place on the teams if fierce. You can sign up and get all the latest details from this page:
    http://duffry.com/dmz/events/m_vs_s/

Even if you don't want to play you can still enjoy the event.
    The guys at BFTV will be streaming it for your entertainment, live commentary and all the action as it happens.

There's also a link to an interview they made me do on the front page (see below).

"What was that about needing a movie maker?"

Well, I need a couple of movies made.

One will be of the event itself. We'll have the Battlerecorder running and I would like a quality movie made to remember the event by. So I'm looking for any budding Nokens out there (apparently he's busy with other projects right now) to make this film.

I know there are some great movie-makers here so have no idea how best to choose without a sample. So if you would like to be the one to make the OFFICIAL movie of the very first Medics vs Snipers competition I need you to send me a sample of your work. I don't want something that you have previously done though, I would like you to make me a short promo trailer for the event.

No more than 30-60 seconds it must capture the spirit of the event and display the key details. Which ever one rocks the most will earn the maker the chance to show off their skills on the real deal.

BFTV will be airing the promo movies before other web casts to plug the event so you don't have much time but you will get seen.

I'll list the details that need to be in the promo below soon.

Re: Medics vs Snipers competition - Need movie makers

cool claymore spam

Comment

hmm kinda stupid competition, self healers vs peashooters.....

Comment

sorry, on vacation that day

Comment

Originally posted by zipp0r
          hmm kinda stupid competition, self healers vs peashooters.....
          Yeah, I don't think anyone is taking it so seriously as to think that anything is gonna be proved or the like. But it is intended to be a fun event. 30 vs 30, fixed kits and limited vehicles.

Sure it's not every one's cup of tea but it should be entertaining.
          The snipers competing (some from this forum) are very good with the rifle and not your typical clay-whore so while we can expect all available weapons to be used the rifle will play a big role in the sniper team tally.

Anyway, I posted to let people know that it's happening as I'm sure some will be more interested in watching than dissing. I also hope that one of the excellent movie makers who hang out here might like the idea of producing a movie of the event.

Comment

For snipers to win all they have to do is go in groups of 2 time there shots they cant run away heal themselves, And then when A medic comes to revive them both shoot the medic

Comment

Originally posted by CyberDuck
              For snipers to win all they have to do is go in groups of 2 time there shots they cant run away heal themselves, And then when A medic comes to revive them both shoot the medic
              I'm thinking they might need slightly more strats than that but double shotting will no doubt be employed. Well, at least we'll be able to watch and see what they try.

Comment

Wow, thats awesome...

Comment

Medics are auto weapon . Plus i can always knife/shock paddle a sniper easy claymores are slightly easy also you just sent a team mate ahead to clear them then revive him and he doesnt have a death.

Comment

What date/time is it? It will be interesting to see which team wins

EDIT: nevermind

Date / time will be: 15th of July 2006, at 19:00 GMT (21:00 CEST)

Comment

Originally posted by Sub_zer0
                      Plus i can always knife/shock paddle a sniper easy
                      We're not talking about your typical "I'll snipe cos I can't shoot" noob, these guys are really good. Neither side is to be underestimated.
                      So far almost 200 people think they are good enough to play, only 30 people will play for each side, you can bet none of them are ******* noobs.

GHonna make for some great TV and hopefull a cool movie too.

Comment

good idea im down for some snipin

Comment

Are you going to post the BR demo, or only send it to people making videos? I'd like to mess around with it, but I don't have time to compose a video for the event, or even a promo.

Comment

Originally posted by davelisowski
                            Are you going to post the BR demo
                            The BRs will be publicly available.

Comment

Working...
                            X