Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• New to BF2 - question

Hi guys,

I am new to this community, thanks for having me. I had initially played a little BF2 (merely fooling around) about a year ago, but quickly went back to World of Warcraft. I am back now, for some BF2 action. I have always enjoyed gaming for what it is but I also love to rank up and measure my success. My questions are the following:

- Should I delete my old account since my record is not very good?
    - Should I play vs. the pc until I can manage fairly well at a certain difficulty level?

Keep in mind I played about 5 years of CS, but I know this game is very different. I'm not sure to what extent I will be penalized in terms of my record for learning the ropes. Perhaps you guys can help.

Thanks

Re: New to BF2 - question

one: Your choice. I probably would though.

two: No. use offline gaming to practice flying and general skills of using the equipment but get into the multiplayer game environment as fast as possible. The bot playing is not the same thing at all.

My opinion only,

Simon

Comment

I would say practice on your old account, and you can make a new one once you feel comfortable.

If you want to be a pilot (jet/helo) or a helo gunner then you need to practice anywhere besides online multiplayer. Lots of people get angry if you do.

Or you can just keep playing with your old account. I took a 5-6 month break from BF2, and my stats are still suffering from that. But they're just numbers. I play for fun (and yelling at the screen, slamming my mouse down).

Comment

play sinleplayer till u can beat expert or watever

Comment

Eh, bots don't camp, so practising on singleplayer is not nearly as useful as it sounds.

Comment

Do negative stats (losses / deaths) have a significant impact beyond showing them off? Are the rewards/medals/ranks and weapon unlocks dependant on your overall performance (ratios) rather than the sheer number of accomplishments or milestones met?

Comment

I have found that via my stats, awards and ribbons that I still have to take out the trash and tollerate speeding tickets. Just last week, I told the officer who pulled me over for not coming to a complete stop that I was a First Sergeant and had just gotten the expert knife badge. His response? "step out of the vehicle sir"...

Don't sweat the stats or awards. They are fun, but they don't matter at all.

Simon

Comment

there a few ribbons here and there where K/D ratio has some effect, but overall i wouldnt concern myself over it. just play the game and have fun. its not fun at all when you get frustrated cause you missed a few shots bringing down your accuracy rating, or you got spawn camped so your k/d gets shot to hell. those stats really do not matter for awards and in general, and plus, theres always going to be someone better than you.

Comment

Originally posted by Sunder
                  Do negative stats (losses / deaths) have a significant impact beyond showing them off? Are the rewards/medals/ranks and weapon unlocks dependant on your overall performance (ratios) rather than the sheer number of accomplishments or milestones met?
                  ratios have no bearing
                  only total counts

practice in single payer for a few hours
                  learn the maps
                  learn how to aim weapons

practice flying on line in empty servers
                  have fun

read all the tips and guides in this and other sites

find a good server that uses VOIP or ventrilo or ts
                  and ask for help\

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                    I have found that via my stats, awards and ribbons that I still have to take out the trash and tollerate speeding tickets. Just last week, I told the officer who pulled me over for not coming to a complete stop that I was a First Sergeant and had just gotten the expert knife badge. His response? "step out of the vehicle sir"...

Don't sweat the stats or awards. They are fun, but they don't matter at all.

Simon
                    I get the point. You're just making me realize even more that my departure from the MMO world has been overdue.

Thank you for your responses.

Comment

dont waste any time playing 1 player vs bots,that might get u used to the maps,but multiplayer will teach you where to hide from getting your head shot off,try to squad up with veterans, play a couple rounds spawning up on vet.squad leaders,you can learn some good stuff that way,god i love this game!

Comment

Originally posted by |CBW|Simon
                        two: No. use offline gaming to practice flying and general skills of using the equipment but get into the multiplayer game environment as fast as possible. The bot playing is not the same thing at all.
                        well, i played with my com on expert setting. still owned them. its kinda funny owning your own com. i recommend using your old account to practice stuff, like flying. then make a new account for some serious kick butt!

Comment

Just go and have fun. Sure you are going to get knocked a few times but who gives a damn cause it's only a game afterall. Have Fun:ar15: :ar15: :ar15:

Comment

Working...
                          X